Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Getting sick of waiting

I have had my ski in the shop since march and its now may. They haven't even looked at it yet today. Called today and they said to me that they didn't even know it was at the shop. What kind of bullshit is this. Its a fuel pump module that needs to be replaced. Now I have to wait almost another month until they get the pump once they order it with it being back ordered. I am getting really pissed off and did some bitching to my dealer today. What should I do about this? Warranty is about to run out to. So I am getting pissed enough to sell the damn thing.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    don't let the warranty run out. PERIOD. that's my advice

don't take this personally... this goes for everyone. u'd be a fool not to buy full extended warrantees on your 4-tecs.

having a hard time getting good prices? get in touch with me. back about a month ago i ran a warranty promotion for forum members where they could extend their warrantys for a pretty good deal thru me.

the single best mod for these skis is an extended warranty!! this isn't some sales pitch so i can make some money for my job... this is for your own "well-being" lol...

Shibbster:

How much would it cost to extend my 2 year warranty another 3 years.

04' RXP

I would hate to pay all that money and have BRP come back with the "That isn't covered because you modded your ski" line......

+1
    Jeff C.... you can't extend a 2 year warranty another 3.

the MAX warranty is a combined 4 years. so if u got 2 years, u can only buy 2 years. if u got 1 year, u can buy up to 3 years.

and for everyone else:

the cheapest and best time to buy a factory extended warranty on a Seadoo is WITHIN the first 60 days or purchase. after that, the price goes up go both the dealer and the consumer.

how your dealer is gonna deal with modifications is completely subjective. I know how we do things (which even that can get subjective ) but nonetheless, if u got all bolt-ons and u have that big of a disaster, u spend a day returning the ski to stock if that's what it takes to save a few grand.

u blow one SC clutch that requires oil pumps, a cover, and screen and a clutch rebuild kit... plus the labor.... that's NOT a bill you want to be stuck with. and blowing the motor all-together, that's a bill you definitely never want to have to see

PS... buy an extended warranty

i'm shibby, you all know me and see me around here ALOT , i'm not here to bust balls and rip you guys off if i can't help people out, then i don't bother to say anything. if there's an area i'm very confident i can be of assistance to my forum members exclusively on greenhulk.net, then i speak up and say so, like now

it's like anything tho... you want a product, a part, a service, a price... don't expect public broadcast of price figures. you don't call dealers on the phone or send e-mails inquiring about their best price on a new machine. you show up at their door, and you make a deal in their place of business. i'll tell you on the forum right now, i KNOW I CAN sell ya an extended warranty for 1,000 bucks. that's no problem... but you contact me direct at work or with a phone call and things might be a little different :P

heck, even Green Hulk himself bought an extended warranty from me... oh and about 15-20 other forum members.

I never knew anything about the "group buy" on the warranties........

I am not trying to bust your balls Shibb............ Maybe I am just reading your post that way or something.......

Can you PM me a ballpark on this?

Thanks much!

+1
    no "group buy" in particular. was just a free day i had on a saturday for both Rob and I to sit at the counter aswering the phone taking credit cards and vins.

i can offer you same savings everyone else got, just the one day thing was for my own convenience.

+1
    I tell you what, I understand what you are saying about having a warranty and when I just bought my 06 RXP it came with a 2 year warranty and I will NEVER use it!!!!! There is no way I will let anyone work on my ski PERIOD not to mention the 1 month wait for some stupid part. If I could sell this warranty I would, does anyone know if I can do this????

+1
    i agree with you suckmywake... we can't all have good dealers that have an inventory of parts and quick turnaround time. but sometimes, you need to develop that relationship with your dealer IF they have capable mechanics.

most people on this forum fix MINOR warranty issues on their own rather than havin a dealer do the work. but the day you blow your SC, or maybe the day your motor gets tired and you get blow-by... are you still gonna say u dont want the warranty?

i bet u'd change your mind if your ski was sitting on the trailer needing a new motor or a new clutch build if you blow one ceramic washer thru the oil passages... chances are you need an entire new SC rebuild kit, a new PTO cover for the engine, 2 new oil pumps, new gaskets, and some small pieces.... you want to be stuck with that near $1,000 dollar parts bill AND do all the labor? even your time is worth money.

what if you put 200+ hard hours on your ski in the next year or two and it doesn't even blow up and it's just tired and tolerances are maxed out. you want to be stuck with $1000 bucks for pistons, rings, and gaskets assuming you need no machine work?

get a warranty.

+1
    I am not affraid of pulling that motor and tearing it down to nothing. If something blows that just gives me the excuse to put more goodies into it, the old"while its apart I may as well just". If the SC breaks then ite time to upgrade and if it makes it that far and needs new pistons then its time for a big bore. Some people DO need the warranty and its great that its avalible for them, I'm just not one of those folks.

Nobody gave me any advice about what to do about the waiting situation. Should I ask for anything in return or just have to suck it up. It has been there over 3 months now and haven't even looked at it yet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information