Thread: R&D BOV Kit

R&D is weeks away from releasing their newest part for tuners and performance junkies.

What they have done is custom make a BOV that fits onto the stock intercooler. This direct fit BOV is simple and easy to install.

Its purpose is to enable reliable BOV control and tunning.
    Being that the stock unit was difficult to tune and unreliable for constant performance, R&D found the need to be filled for a reliable performance BOV.

Does this eliminate the BOV Block Off part? No the BOV block is primarily used in stock applications were the stock BOV is removed.

The R&D BOV is used mostly for those running the Engine Performance Kit from R&D who wish to include the IC BOV option. Having the ability to increase boost also requires one to control the BOV and its relief pressure. This new BOV allows just that and is a crucial part in tunning maximum levels of performance from the Ultra 250.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5854.JPG 
Views:	74 
Size:	2.92 MB 
ID:	58013   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5872.JPG 
Views:	75 
Size:	3.05 MB 
ID:	58014  

Quote Originally Posted by Skips313 View Post

Its purpose is to enable reliable BOV control and tunning.
    Being that the stock unit was difficult to tune and unreliable for constant performance, R&D found the need to be filled for a reliable performance BOV.

Does this eliminate the BOV Block Off part? No the BOV block is primarily used in stock applications were the stock BOV is removed...
    Skip, thanks for this update. Ive really been noticing the rapid surge in Ultra parts, just as you predicted.

I know you have already done tech bulletin on BOV but I wonder if you can recap.

My understanding is that the stock BOV has a weak spring. On some skis, stock BOV leaks at as little as 5lbs. For some, solution is to remove BOV and block off. You & EShkr among others have pointed out though that some kind of BOV is only way to prevent blowback into SC so you have to pick your poison.

I'm unclear on how much you can really tune or fix that BOV spring. I was beginning to think they were virtually disposable units (either you had one that worked or you didnt) until I checked price of $325 per copy! My own BOV fell on floor and cracked. May be one of my few lucky breaks though because now I can either get BOV or block off!

Thanks for any further clarification.

any chance of hearing what it sounds like ?

Like this PPPSSSSHHHHHHPT!

Thread Information