pump wedge
    NOPAS
    4" air intake
    thru-hull exhaust and modded waterbox
    Riva/Vortech Intercooler
    catch can
    dyno-tune boost gauge
    out of box SOLAS 14/19

that's it... no other small stuff or hidden secrets. rideplate hole fillings blew out,so forget those. intake grate is not flush. reverse bucket is not trimmed... really not all that highly modified....

63 degree air
    66 degree salt water
    95% humidity w/ DENSE fog

8.2 psi of constant held boost (nice for stock huh? )
    8100 rpms
    71.3 mph average over 6 runs in opposite directions (so i'm not counting the 72.1 it ran with the tide as a peak)

+1
    Shib,
    what was stock with your RXT?

Sounds like you are flying!

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    65 stock

eh... it's slow as balls truthfully altho i was riding with a modded GPR and stage 1 and 2 RXPs in a slight chop hanging with them, in some cases pulling ahead. and i got a pretty wicked holeshot on those same skis as well.

i do have a few others parts i've had for quite awhile, but they arent exactly cooperating. something about 3000 rpms at idle on the trailer, a stubling idle that varies 400 rpms in the water, and weird top speed RPMS has me running a stock ECU lately. the Rotax ECU doesn't like me or my ski.

Nice numbers!! Congrats on the 70 break! I'm still plugging. Hopefully I'll get on the water soon. I'm still playing the pitch game. About to do the 14/19.

So what is the deal with the skegs ? Did you get an increase ? Are you going to remove them and see what speeds your running without ?

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    i've been over 70 for months.... was at 72+ and 73.3 in february and march. but now i'm back-tracking fixing some things i've learned to do differently. but i'm not really all excited about what i've accomplished. when i see 75.0, i might smile a little

right now my objective is putting to rest this ebay intercooler. either it's better, worse, or comparable to the vortech intercooler. today was vortech day.... now i gotta get the ebay intercooler back in there with all things UNCHANGED and see what happens. after i can make a final decision about that and get it running good, i'll run some more numbers, go back and knock the skegs off and go right back to the same spot and see if i lost any speed or what.

i can't attribute speed to them at this time because my testing method was stupid, changing too many things at once. but tracking, chop, and turning and handling are MUCH improved with skegs. you need to be holding on when you turn those bars all the way at decent speeds or you WILL get tossed. i can carve this couch around a buoy like never before.

Great numbers Shibby!

+1
    Awsome numbers Steve!

nice work steve!

Those are exellent numbers Steve, i hope to be testing for the second time another out of the box 14/19R solas prop like yours with the new SS impeller cone to see what happen, the last time that i put this prop on my stage II RXT i was doing 8350 peak rpms in my local heat soak 90 deg + weather but i can't complete my testing cause i found my stock intake grate hanging and only attached to the hull by the bolt in the front the others 3 rear bolts were mising.

p.s. we are also gonna test the new RR SC imp and RR 42lbs/hrs injectors in my buddie stage II RXP with the S/C RR ECU, a Impros repitched 14/20 solas prop and a out of the box 15/20R.

Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485
    65 stock

eh... it's slow as balls truthfully altho i was riding with a modded GPR and stage 1 and 2 RXPs in a slight chop hanging with them, in some cases pulling ahead.
    Steve next time, remove the pump wedge from your RXT and ditch your stock grate and put the Riva intake grate, i am sure that in "slight chop" waters all your buddies moded 2 seaters skis, will only see the back of your RXT

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information