Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26

Thread: 7980 rpms

  1. #1
    WaterScooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Tally, Florida
    Posts
    125

    7980 rpms

    hey guys..took the ski out yesterday..first time since oct..the ski ran the best it ever has...turning in the 7900's easy and spiking in the 8000's several times..my ski is completely stock except skip's BOV mod..i just got the ski back for the TB, sparkplus and water injestion recalls..just turned 46 hrs...i don't have a gps so i wondering if anyone could give me an idea at what speeds i'm actually making?..i have the GIO issue but it has gotten better..i also just ordered the crankcase breather kit..so i'll be putting that on soon as well a 2 degree wedge..thanks for any imputs
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00268.JPG 
Views:	43 
Size:	141.1 KB 
ID:	58089  


  2. #2
    Dubz1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    2,509
    Quote Originally Posted by WaterScooter View Post
    hey guys..took the ski out yesterday..first time since oct..the ski ran the best it ever has...turning in the 7900's easy and spiking in the 8000's several times..my ski is completely stock except skip's BOV mod..i just got the ski back for the TB, sparkplus and water injestion recalls..just turned 46 hrs...i don't have a gps so i wondering if anyone could give me an idea at what speeds i'm actually making?..i have the GIO issue but it has gotten better..i also just ordered the crankcase breather kit..so i'll be putting that on soon as well a 2 degree wedge..thanks for any imputs
    Looks like you did 70 MPH on the dreamo meter to me.

  3. #3
    English Bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Southern UK
    Posts
    280
    Quote Originally Posted by WaterScooter View Post
    hey guys..took the ski out yesterday..first time since oct..the ski ran the best it ever has...turning in the 7900's easy and spiking in the 8000's several times..my ski is completely stock except skip's BOV mod..i just got the ski back for the TB, sparkplus and water injestion recalls..just turned 46 hrs...i don't have a gps so i wondering if anyone could give me an idea at what speeds i'm actually making?..i have the GIO issue but it has gotten better..i also just ordered the crankcase breather kit..so i'll be putting that on soon as well a 2 degree wedge..thanks for any imputs
    When mine read that on the dreamo-meter the radar was reading 66.7mph...

  4. #4
    2005 RXT Red08Ultra250's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Dunedin, FL
    Posts
    908
    66.7 is the max I have gotten from mine so far also, gps.

  5. #5
    Beagleman62's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia
    Posts
    2,726
    +1
    64
    Scooter,
    Mine runs 71 at anywhere from 7990-8050 rpm. The dreamometer on the 250X only goes up to 70 and as you probably already know, it's not that accurate.
    Jimmy

  6. #6
    WaterScooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Tally, Florida
    Posts
    125
    ok thanks..so you're saying with the rpms i'm turning..my actual speed is around 66-67mph?

  7. #7
    Beagleman62's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia
    Posts
    2,726
    +1
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by WaterScooter View Post
    ok thanks..so you're saying with the rpms i'm turning..my actual speed is around 66-67mph?
    It would only be a guess but I'd say with those rpms, you would be running in the high 68's, maybe more. When mine was stock, it ran 67.6 (in the cool spring weather) That's a lot of rpm for a stock ski. Sounds like you got a quick one

  8. #8
    Silence! I Keel You! earthshaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Northern CA Coast
    Posts
    1,616
    +1
    2
    Lotsa variables scooter. I'm runnin in that range and am 69.3 lake with stock plate/grate/w/no major engine mods.

    Buy a gps.

    Results vary widely.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    kissimmee,fl
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by WaterScooter View Post
    ok thanks..so you're saying with the rpms i'm turning..my actual speed is around 66-67mph?
    wow scooter your turning preatty good rpm's. i went out today and highest rpm's were 7800 and i ran 68.2. my best speed has been 68.3 with 7820 rpm's.

  10. #10
    Beagleman62's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia
    Posts
    2,726
    +1
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by earthshaker View Post
    Lotsa variables scooter. I'm runnin in that range and am 69.3 lake with stock plate/grate/w/no major engine mods.

    Buy a gps.

    Results vary widely.
    ES,
    Fess up man.....
    You are not telling Scooter about that Riva intake and exhaust
    Jimmy

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. All summer, and I'm findly getting up to 7980 rpm
    By travis ingram in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-13-2014, 08:48 PM
  2. 05 RXP noise @4750-4900 RPM's
    By RXPNJ in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-12-2010, 12:54 AM
  3. RXP RPM Limiting Question
    By Jarrett in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 07-20-2007, 06:58 PM
  4. What should stock RPM be running?
    By Compwhiz82 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-27-2005, 04:25 PM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-18-2005, 07:49 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •