i got out on the kansas river.................

i got out on the kansas river.................a couple weeks ago, but too many icebergs................i brought my gti home...let it drain...poured antifreeze back in the little hose...connection..turned it over.. im not real confident about the winterizing, cause i dont really understand it......im waiting for more warm days...........i have a maintainer charger on it now...set at 1amp...hope this is good for my battery............i would like to know how dangerous these are to jump start in an emergency situation...and is there a recomended procedure thanks all

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by likes97 View Post
    i got out on the kansas river.................a couple weeks ago, but too many icebergs................i brought my gti home...let it drain...poured antifreeze back in the little hose...connection..turned it over.. im not real confident about the winterizing, cause i dont really understand it......im waiting for more warm days...........i have a maintainer charger on it now...set at 1amp...hope this is good for my battery............i would like to know how dangerous these are to jump start in an emergency situation...and is there a recomended procedure thanks all
    isnt it a bit chilly? lol! Ive done that before running a tank of gas out before winter...
    you have the right idea for the charger. However, it is recomended that the positive terminal be unhooked so that you dont fry the MPEM. even with a quick jump. I have been in that situation before on the water and risked damaging (frying) the MPEM. So make sure its charged and in good condition before you take it out.
    As for winterizing your ski use the Pink R/V marine antifreeze. Unhook the water in line and start filling. There is a water exit line that needs to be pinched off too, to keep a lot of antifreeze in the motor. Fill the head till antifreeze comes out of the pump housing in the back. Tipically it takes about a half gallon.
    good luck
    you may want to do a search on related topics there are a few.

IF at all possible , don't jumpstart.. It is bad for the elect. system.
    They are very sensitive.. The 1 amp charge should be fine.. remove cables from battery while charging too.. I guess emergency is emergency -- better jumpstart than drown.
    You are a braver than I.. Was hoping to get out 1st week of march, but weather is still hanging in winterlike.. I am in Olathe KS

1999 GTX Ltd. "Doo Knots" Doo-Knots's Avatar

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy View Post
    IF at all possible , don't jumpstart.. It is bad for the elect. system.
    They are very sensitive.. The 1 amp charge should be fine.. remove cables from battery while charging too.. I guess emergency is emergency -- better jumpstart than drown.
    You are a braver than I.. Was hoping to get out 1st week of march, but weather is still hanging in winterlike.. I am in Olathe KS
    "Doo Knots" is still hibernating for the winter on a trickle charge with the battery disconnected from the ski. Even March 1 might be "a wee bit chilly" for this Texan; But to each his own.
    re: Winterizing: Although it may have been on a different GHP (Discussion) Forum, there was a good thread on that very subject back in Oct. or Nov I think it was. Perhaps Admin could find it and Sticky it, or you can do search of GH Forum. The title was Winterization. The general consensus was that it cost approximately $200.00 for a professional service shop to Winterize. It seems too close to launch time to winterize now though.

Thread Information