Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Mad but Blessed

Mad but Blessed

I noticed my pump shoe was not exactly even with my ride plate that I was installing this afternoon so I removed the pump shoe and this is what I found. I thought at first it was just a little crack but after peeling off some of the 5200 the crack became very apparent. The insert was actually beginning to come thru the fiberglass. I put some water in the back of my hull and it just confirmed it was a bad crack when the water came from the cracks This is my 01 1200 with 98 hours and basically stock except the bullet proof necessities. I see I need one more item to really make it bullet proof. I consider it a blessing though for 2 reasons. It didnt happen going wide open with my 6 year old on it with me and I noticed it on my trailer and not 10 miles from nowhere on the water Thank you God! Next step - Off to WFO's house.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC05377.JPG 
Views:	53 
Size:	149.1 KB 
ID:	58164  

+1
    Glad nothing happened but is very typical of these boats. Tunnel reinforcement and updated shoe brackets are the first things to be done to these boats IMO!!!

+1
    Good thing you found it.

We will have her fixed up in no time Barry.

+1
    2003 gpr's had a factory recall on this.........mine sank

mines got the same giant crack, and thats where my mystery leak was coming from a long time ago... with the new inserts in its all good!

Do the 2000 gpr have the same problem?

+1
    Thats a good thing you found it Barry. It can be fixed

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by cmherrera View Post
    Do the 2000 gpr have the same problem?
    It is a weak area, and potentially all pre 04 GPR inserts can pull thru. At a minimum replace the pump shoe brackets with a 1 piece style... and while you are in the area, reinforce that tunnel.

Got my ski back today from WFO. Let me start by saying that this dude has the hands of excellence! There are alot of guys on this forum that are knowledgable and can work on watercraft, but I can say he is definitley one of the best mechanics Ive ever seen. His attention to detail is over the top. He does things that I would never in a million years ever think of and he goes the extra mile to complete his work. It is very apparent that he goes far beyond to BLah Blah Blah Blah - I dont know how to say what Im trying to say - Hes just the Sh#t when it comes to working on these things. Beyond washing my ski, I will not touch it - Richard will from now on. Thanks Rich, job well done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you live around these parts and need assistance on your GPR- bring it to WFO.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jetskr View Post
    Got my ski back today from WFO. Let me start by saying that this dude has the hands of excellence! There are alot of guys on this forum that are knowledgable and can work on watercraft, but I can say he is definitley one of the best mechanics Ive ever seen. His attention to detail is over the top. He does things that I would never in a million years ever think of and he goes the extra mile to complete his work. It is very apparent that he goes far beyond to BLah Blah Blah Blah - I dont know how to say what Im trying to say - Hes just the Sh#t when it comes to working on these things. Beyond washing my ski, I will not touch it - Richard will from now on. Thanks Rich, job well done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you live around these parts and need assistance on your GPR- bring it to WFO.
    Thanks Barry

Thats a real clean ski you have. Glad to help keep her on the water for a while longer !

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information