Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    screw da boost to it!!!!!!!!

what can you get for 1500 bucks?????

most bang for the buck, and btw where is xs intercoolers everyone is talkin about,i googled it and searched this forum for any info and got nadda..... all my buddies are buying rxp-x's and i just bought a rxp in sept last year and don't wanna take a 6000 dollar hit to get a x, if yaknowatimean...........

+1
    Get a regular Riva Stage 1 setup from 4-tecperformance.com for $650 and add a Greenwheel and metal washers. Do some free mod's (trim reverse bucket, fill rideplate holes, remove prop nosecone) and you're at 74-75 mph for well under $1500. You'll easily outrun a stock RXP-X on top end.

Mike

If I had $1500 I would buy a stage 3 supercharger(add metal washers at this time), rude fuel pressure reg, rear air intake, and a solas 15/20. Then do the free mods. That would be a fast ski, I think around 77

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Lake rat RXP View Post
    If I had $1500 I would buy a stage 3 supercharger(add metal washers at this time), rude fuel pressure reg, rear air intake, and a solas 15/20. Then do the free mods. That would be a fast ski, I think around 77
    I don't think you can get the S3, washers, regulator, prop, and rear intake for less than $1500. That would be more like $1800 - $2000. Then, you'd need to add a wedge and grate to get to 77.

A regular stage 1 + greenwheel + washers would be around $1250.

Mike

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by engineermike View Post
    Get a regular Riva Stage 1 setup from 4-tecperformance.com for $650 and add a Greenwheel and metal washers. Do some free mod's (trim reverse bucket, fill rideplate holes, remove prop nosecone) and you're at 74-75 mph for well under $1500. You'll easily outrun a stock RXP-X on top end.

Mike
    Welcome to the forum

+1 to engineermike reccomendation. Is good reccomendation cause in order to upgrade to future mods you need what comes in the basic stage 1 package. The only other difference would be to get the rear air intake over the power filter and maybe a 15/20 instead of a 14/19, but the stage one probably will not pull the 15/20.
    In regards to the reccomendation of S3 and such. That is an assume setup but you would need grate, pro or re block offs, and some other ect. parts to run those speeds and I can assure you it would be well over 2,ooo not installed.
    If you have a 04 or 05 you need to figure another 400 dollars for a rebuild kit for your SC.

I do not want to take bus away from Jerry, but you might try looking at classifieds for some parts.

good luck
    Last edited by skoepp; 02-19-2008 at 08:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by skoepp View Post
    Welcome to the forum

+1 to engineermike reccomendation. Is good reccomendation cause in order to upgrade to future mods you need what comes in the basic stage 1 package. The only other difference would be to get the rear air intake over the power filter and maybe a 15/20 instead of a 14/19, but the stage one probably will not pull the 15/20.
    In regards to the reccomendation of S3 and such. That is an assume setup but you would need grate, pro or re block offs, and some other ect. parts to run those speeds and I can assure you it would be well over 2,ooo not installed.
    If you have a 04 or 05 you need to figure another 400 dollars for a rebuild kit for your SC.

I do not want to take bus away from Jerry, but you might try looking at classifieds for some parts.

good luck

it's a brand new 07,i bought it in sept last year for rock bottom price,10,2 otd.......... not knowing about the rxp-x had i known i would have gotten the x.... anyhow, all my buddies have been ridin ski's for years and i am a newbie. i used to ride a friends gsx ski but everyone would kill me with spray and being the biggest guy (6'3", 260lbs ) with the slowest ski i got a hell of a lesson in riding,so i bought a rxp and love it. not worried about keepin up with the jones'es i wanna be out in front of dem bumbs if yaknowatimean................

i know that numbers are a personal secret but what should i expect for that 1500... i see some with 74-75,others with 77, i am a big guy and need to get some serious seat time in so i can understand the trim thing and cuttin waves,i got about 40 hrs on ski's and have learned the right way and wrong way to jump waves and taken on alot of water learning that one.....any pointers would help. i ride smooth - 6ft swells in the bay so i would have to have the best of both worlds. i really want the speed and an increase in power as to i am already the underdog due to experience,weight,and now power and speed with the guy's gettin the x......

Quote Originally Posted by skoepp View Post
    Welcome to the forum

good luck

thank you for the welcome, shermanator sent me here last year and i just now subscribed to the forum for some help,you guys seem like a bunch of knoweledgable guys

if i could find an aftermarket i/c how much better would that be w/previous mods??? is it worth the 350 extra for aftermarket i/c?????????

XS IC kit = cost me $365 including shipping
    homemade 4" rear SC intake = less than $100 is what I've heard from a few people
    15/20R prop = $300
    Jim's rideplate mod with skegs = $415
    Riva thru hull exhaust to make room for IC = $250
    Riva intake grate = $130
    fill in rideplate bolt holes = $5

Total = $1565

Over budget, but $65 isn't bad IMO. You will be high 70mph range with good throttle response thoughout the RPM range. The thing I like about this setup is you don't have to upgrade your injectors since you will be running the stock SC. Also you will be getting the most out of your hull, about 3mph with the rideplate with skegs and bolt holes filled.

Down the road if/when you decide to upgrade your SC I would go nothing less than a Riva stage 3 with the Rude RRFPR. Get some Riva pro or RE OPAS blockoffs and a pump wedge and you will be touching 80mph with a S2+ ski.
    Last edited by RXP-REX; 02-18-2008 at 05:03 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information