2007 GTX-Limited electrical problems

My07 GTX- Limited has started to develop some electrical problems that may or may not be associated with the installation of Rivas Stage1 Kit. I opted not removing the air box that sits next to the fuel tank, less maintanance and it really doesnt impact the stage1 installation.... OK, Ok i was just damn lazy. Not so long ago during a run down the intracostal waterway to St. Augusting it stated beeping without any visible codes or anything else visible on the display console, performance never seemed unafected, so we proceeded with the days events, Upon post use cleaning i noticed that the console was flashing SENSOR but no code. I took it to the dealer and they said that they noticed that the Regulator/Rectifier thats mounted on the air box was loose, they tightened it reset the computer for the codes and and ran it in their
    tub. Checked 4.0. Did 2 more runs after that without no simptoms. But yesterday it started again this time there was a code PO562 Battery voltage low and the beepeing returned, also the battery symbol on the console was flashing, no performance discrepancies noted. Soon after that the ski sucked a chunk of wood that ruined the rest of the trip,I couldnt go faster than 5 MPH but thanks to my bud Robert he towed me back to the marina, i didnt pinch the rear hose as recommended when towing and left the motor runing at trolling speed 5 MPH. Before being towed we removed every fuse, they were all good. But it never beeped or
    flashed the battery while being towed. Checked for battery voltage at the house and it was 12.71 Vlts. I thought that maybe it was the voltage regulator/rectifier acting up again since its attached to the stock air box and there is no air flowing thru it because of the cold air intake on the Stage1, I relocated it to the bracket supplied from the stage1 kit and did as the instructions said, install it next to the battery. It appears to be sealed so water intrusion shouldnt be a problem. Before i check this again or take it back to the dealer and wait for them to take their sweet ass time getting around to this i was wondering if anyone else may have ran into this situation. On a good note the chunk of wood was removed after removing the rear pump assy. We could'nt have ever done it in the water, my props to Jerry, Jeff, his friend and his son, and Doel. Especially to Robert the Beast for taking a dip in the cold ass water to hook the rope, tow me, and remove the chunk of wood from the prop, with friends like these guys I'll ride to the end of the world. Chime in if you have ideas on my dilema. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
    I thought that maybe it was the voltage regulator/rectifier acting up again since its attached to the stock air box and there is no air flowing thru it because of the cold air intake on the Stage1, I relocated it to the bracket supplied from the stage1 kit and did as the instructions said, install it next to the battery.
    KC, it sounds like the regulator may be bad. I would try it again with it relocated and if it comes back I'd order one under warranty. Todd had a similar problem last fall with the rubber ducky, he replaced the rectifier with a used one and all okay.
    Last edited by lafjax; 02-18-2008 at 08:40 PM.

Thread Information