performance upgrades

looking at doing some more upgrades with some money i earned this weekend doing some side work....now my washers already blew up at 15 hours which i haven't had the ski back out since so i don't want to do any engine mods i.e. green wheel external intercooler etc. so i've been staying away from that. i have already made my own r.e. block offs and have a riva power filter 3" but am looking at buying some skegs r&d wedge and the riva grate but am wondering what kind of gains i would see with this set up and of course more to come. will i be able to bend the stock prop enough for the more r's that the motor will be turning with the power pipe?

You might want to wait till you actually see your r's first.

The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 2k7rxp View Post
    looking at doing some more upgrades with some money i earned this weekend doing some side work....now my washers already blew up at 15 hours which i haven't had the ski back out since so i don't want to do any engine mods i.e. green wheel external intercooler etc. so i've been staying away from that. i have already made my own r.e. block offs and have a riva power filter 3" but am looking at buying some skegs r&d wedge and the riva grate but am wondering what kind of gains i would see with this set up and of course more to come. will i be able to bend the stock prop enough for the more r's that the motor will be turning with the power pipe?
    Don't worry about add mm yet unless you ski was at 8000 rpm before.

well last time i rode it was in september or october and all i remember was somthing was screwed cause i only had 6500 r's....darn washers but if i remember correctly it was right around 8000 rpm so the best thing to do would install parts then go from there i take it?

The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 2k7rxp View Post
    well last time i rode it was in september or october and all i remember was somthing was screwed cause i only had 6500 r's....darn washers but if i remember correctly it was right around 8000 rpm so the best thing to do would install parts then go from there i take it?
    Definatly.

Have the washers been replaced yet? Were the 2 sieves cleaned of the ceramic bits? Were the oil pumps checked for gouges? If not, you may want to save your money for the repairs if you're out of warranty... Ron

still in warranty thats why i don't want to do a charger wheel yet and if i get through the summer without any problems like a broke cam chain then i will replace the washers and do more performance when i get high 70's ill be happy

Thread Information