Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Ever drop something in a RXP/RXT engine compartment?

I was taking off the cowling to take a look at the bailer tubes and *zionk* there goes the socket wrench right down the hole into the depths of the engine compartment. I can't even see it anymore. How the heck do you get stuff out of there? I found all kinds of bolts and junk down there, probably from the factory. Now what?

+1
    Happens to me all the time. Don't sweat it. Your next time out riding just do some bunny hops from a dead stop. Once you get home check the rear of the ski. You will find your missing items there

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk
    Happens to me all the time. Don't sweat it. Your next time out riding just do some bunny hops from a dead stop. Once you get home check the rear of the ski. You will find your missing items there
    bunny hops.... sounds so girly for a musclecraft like an RXP lol

Man, I can't even tell if you're yanking my chain or you're serious. Aren't I asking for trouble if I'm whacking my ski around on waves with an entire socket wrench in the engine compartment?!

BTW: there's a bunch of salt water at the bottom of the engine compartment. How do you get that out of there? Doesn't seem like the drain plugs empty water from that compartment, but rather the hull. School me please Master(s).

Santa Monika, People's Republik of Kalifornia...
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485
    bunny hops.... sounds so girly for a musclecraft like an RXP lol
    Sounds just about right to me...

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    LOL @ 11

salt water in the bottom of the hull!?!?! WHY!?!?!

do u rinse out your engine compartment with fresh water after riding? seriously.... you gotta DRENCH the engine compartment with fresh water after you ride in salt water. also spray WD-40 all over the freaken place all over the engine and exhaust and everything after you are done rising it out.

there shouldn't be ANY salt water or salt insude your engine compartment. go save your motor and your socket wrench and ride out the engine compartment thoroughly and spray it all down with WD-40 generously.... tilt the ski as high as you can on the trailer and it'll drain out.

if no signs of the socket wrench after tilting it back then go ride and bounce around and check the back of the hull while you are out there riding see if u see it. if not, then stop riding like a girl and bonce around some more and get that socket to the back of the ski! lol

+1
    yea im serious. your next time out on the water just before you pick the ski up trim it up all the way and nail the throttle. If you do it right you will come completely out of the water. keep nailing the throttle when you land and bunny hop it. After you do this about 10 times pick your ski up and you will find your tool in the back area... i promise

Greenhulk is rite 100% it works however if u are in a rush to get the tool back like i am alot of times i found a great way ... depending on the car /truck you are pulling with from a dead stop floor the vehicle and the momentum will push the tool to the back of the ski .. i just did it last night with the acura so im sure if a car that size can do it most can ..

OK, I'll go do some pogo's and then drive up a steep hill and then do some burn out's with the trailer attached. If I can't find the wrench after that it was a hallucination

Thanks y'all

Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485
    do u rinse out your engine compartment with fresh water after riding? seriously.... you gotta DRENCH the engine compartment with fresh water after you ride in salt water. also spray WD-40 all over the freaken place all over the engine and exhaust and everything after you are done rising it out.
    Got dat, but where do da wata come out? Here's my psuedo-process:

1) Open drain plugs
    2) Rinse engine w/ fresh water and diluted Salt Away
    3) Tilt trailer and let water drain out drain plugs
    4) Spray Bombardier Lube randomly around the engine compartment (i.e. "fogging") as well as mechanicals in rear of ski

Is that about right?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information