+1

Need to know where to ride

Hey guys I am coming down to FL the last week of march and I was wondering if anyone can direct me to a good place to ride. I am going to be somewhere around clearwater and want to find a nice inland lake that is hopefully mostly calm so I can do some testing. I am coming from the arctic tundra of chicago and can't wait to get out and try out a few things before the weather breaks up here. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Tom

Lake Tarpon is 25min. north of clearwater area and lake semonile is about the same south of clearwater all depending on location in clearwater

Lake Tarpon and Lake Seminole are both decent, although Lake Seminole can get a little busy at times. I'd suggest Tampa Bay, you can put in at a free ramp on the SR60 bridge between Clearwater and Tampa (Courtney Campbell Causeway). There is also a small beach where you could launch from right on the West (Clearwater) side of the causeway. The bay is usually quite calm, but if there is a wind then you just have to cross to the other side of the causeway and it'll be calm. Also, if you head north from the causeway you will enter old Tampa Bay which is a good spot to mess around. There is also a (paid) boat launch at Phillipe Park which puts you right into old Tampa Bay directly. Another plus is that the Coast Guard is rarely around the north end of the bay and there isn't a whole lot of traffic. The downside is that it can be quite shallow in areas, but if you stick to the old bay or south of the causeway it'll be fine.
    Just pull up a map online and you'll see the various areas. Have fun

+1
    Good deal, thanks guys

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by suck my wake View Post
    Hey guys I am coming down to FL the last week of march and I was wondering if anyone can direct me to a good place to ride. I am going to be somewhere around clearwater and want to find a nice inland lake that is hopefully mostly calm so I can do some testing. I am coming from the arctic tundra of chicago and can't wait to get out and try out a few things before the weather breaks up here. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Tom
    send me a pm when you get here and we will show you around....................

I am in clearwater so pm me with dates you will be here and we can ride.

Thread Information