Thread: rxp&gtx ???

rxp&gtx ???

im just wondering what is a fair price and what should pay? am looking at these 2 skis 2004 rxp 215hpand2004 gtx 185hp with 33hrs on both. they both come with a double trailer and hes askin 13000 for them. is this a good of bad deal? what kind money should i offer him???

The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by plkerin View Post
    im just wondering what is a fair price and what should pay? am looking at these 2 skis 2004 rxp 215hpand2004 gtx 185hp with 33hrs on both. they both come with a double trailer and hes askin 13000 for them. is this a good of bad deal? what kind money should i offer him???
    Do they have they stock ceramic washers? Salt or Fresh water use? Has either ski already dropped the ceramic washers? If so how was it fixed?
    You should ask those questions.

To me it sounds a little high, $11000 for the package sounds closer to market for me, it really not to bad for the set up especially since spring is approaching

+1
    I agree with Darth, if the skis were in mint condition and had the washer upgrade, then 13000, would be OK. otherwise beat him up a little.

11K Good Price!

$ 11K Sounds like good price for good Skis. But get them checked out before you pay! I did last year! Agree on a price then take then in to a shop. I did and one ski needed new steering cable, wear ring and prop.
    Both needed new plugs and injector cleaner added.
    I took the quote $ 1300.00 to repair (quote cost $95.00) back to the seller who discounted it that from the agreed price. Then did the work myself with the help of a friend.

Good Luck!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Team.G View Post
    $ 11K Sounds like good price for good Skis. But get them checked out before you pay! I did last year! Agree on a price then take then in to a shop. I did and one ski needed new steering cable, wear ring and prop.
    Both needed new plugs and injector cleaner added.
    I took the quote $ 1300.00 to repair (quote cost $95.00) back to the seller who discounted it that from the agreed price. Then did the work myself with the help of a friend.

Good Luck!
    Assuming that the skis have not had any failures and are mint condition then the price is a little high. What kind of trailer? Be sure it is rated for 2 heavy skis like you are looking at. I promise you this is very important, as I have a long story behind that. Your newer 4 stroke skis are much heavier than your older skis. The trailers that use to work are no good now.
    As far as the price of the skis, I think is a little high. (13,000)
    I gave 7,100 last June for a 2004 RXP with 17 hours. (mint, mint, mint condition)
    I gave 6,100 last June for a 2003 GTX with 23 hours. (mint condition)

It took me 3 months to find skis in that condition but it was well worth the time, drive, and purchase. One was in Colorado, and one in Oklahoma and I live in Texas.

I will have to say that as we go into March and for the next 3 months desperate people will be willing to pay whatever price asked. Try to negotiate some, and take my word for it, be sure that the trailer is rated for the rxp and gtx. Minimum of 2,000 lbs. with preference of 2,200 or more.

asked the questions and no the washers werent changed he said the dealer told him not to. the trailer is good for both skis and made offer of 11gs and i think i insulted him got a bad response. plus forgot to mention they bot have waranty till09 so guess i keep looking

Thread Information