Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Fire Extinguisher Mount

I assume I'm not the only one that has to carry an extinguisher onboard so I wanted to see and hear how you guys have mounted them. I've broken two of those little plastic mounting kits that comes with them. There has to be a better way?

hmm

I have an 04 and in the front under the big compartment bin there is a black cover nut that unscrews...inside of there should be a fire ext already...I believe it is to the right if you are facing the bow of the boat.

I can't imagine 04's having that and 06's not. It's a factory storage thing...nothing to do w/ michigan etc.

Check it out.

+1
    Looks like you have a rxp. With my rxp I have a covy hole in the front compartment. There is a cap that unscrews I believe and the fire extinguisher is inside there. I will be honest with you, I bought the ski used, and when I picked it up from the dealer they had a new extinghuisher in the box. All last year I just let it float arround in the front bucket with rope, and few other items. No big deal. I never even noticed the covy hole that had the extinguisher in it. One day I just saw the cover and remvoed it, and there it was. Had to have been stock.

As far as my gtx, the extingusher is mounted with the black brackets right above the bucket cover that can be removed in the front compartment. I have not had trouble with it getting broken as there is more than plenty of room in that thing. You can get lost in there if you wanted. this is off subject but last year I deflated a huge tube and it fit in that compartment. That thing is huge.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rxpwhistler1 View Post
    I have an 04 and in the front under the big compartment bin there is a black cover nut that unscrews...inside of there should be a fire ext already...I believe it is to the right if you are facing the bow of the boat.

I can't imagine 04's having that and 06's not. It's a factory storage thing...nothing to do w/ michigan etc.

Check it out.
    rxp whistler, you beat me too the punch. I type very slow, It is amazing how much that happens on this forum. Darkviper42, don't feel bad, you can see in my response that nor I or the dealer new either.

Skoep

I did beat you, and please don't think for a second that I knew about that compartment right away either. I went out just like you guys and bought a new one w/ a bracket only to find that a week later...

Live and learn right?

I've found the compartment you gusy are talking about, but the extinguisher the dealer gave me will not fit inside for some reason. I've only tried to fit it once and didn't push it very hard but it seemed to big. Maybe I'll have to look a little closer. Infact if I remember right there is a picture of an extinguisher or something on the hole cover. I had mine laying in the storage area for some time but I ride my ski hard and even with it wrapped up in a shirt managed to break all the buttons off the top. So when I got a new one i started using the mounting devise. It hasn't held up very well. Maybe I just ride to hard!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark_viper42 View Post
    I've found the compartment you gusy are talking about, but the extinguisher the dealer gave me will not fit inside for some reason. I've only tried to fit it once and didn't push it very hard but it seemed to big. Maybe I'll have to look a little closer. Infact if I remember right there is a picture of an extinguisher or something on the hole cover. I had mine laying in the storage area for some time but I ride my ski hard and even with it wrapped up in a shirt managed to break all the buttons off the top. So when I got a new one i started using the mounting devise. It hasn't held up very well. Maybe I just ride to hard!
    I think you are correct. I believe that the one in my covy hole was pretty small. Only had it out once. If you want I can take pic tonight of the 2 side by side but I bet you can find the info you need on size.

+1
    What I would like to know is, if you are on the water and had a need for your fire extinguisher to use on your RXP how would you get to it ? It has to be in the worst possible location for being able to grab it quickly.

Yea well unless you mount it to the outside of you ski

Anywhere is going to suck trying to get to!

Quote Originally Posted by skoepp View Post
    I think you are correct. I believe that the one in my covy hole was pretty small. Only had it out once. If you want I can take pic tonight of the 2 side by side but I bet you can find the info you need on size.
    Naw that ok. I didn't know they made a smaller one but I'll do some checking and see if I can find one. Thanks for your help.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information