+1

Anyway Of Testing A E.F.I Controller Is Working Correctly

Guys been testing 2 sets of Throttle bodies as you know but when i do a plug chop as i recall there not much difference in the to set of TBs i have and when i turn the fuel up (3) to 10 or 11 not much change at all in rpms and colour.

So I am really starting to think does my E.F.I Controller work correctly is there anyway of testing these units.

Mike

+1
    Verify green, yellow & red lights come on as they should as you increase RPM. When my EFI unit failed, the lights were not functioning. If the lights work, try moving RPM dial several positions back & forth doing back to back runs. Check your RPM on when the red circuit kicks in as you accelerate - should easily be able to tell difference on when the ski lunges forward when high speed kicks in. Need to mount unit where you can see it when testing.
    Also, you should be able to turn green dial from min to max at idle and notice a difference in how she idles.

+1
    I doing all that as you stated all light work there in changes in light so on just my rpms don t change only by 20rpms and colour on the plugs is the same that why i asked ty.

Mike i just worked with Sebrinas (Islandgirl) non ported 1300 in Grand Cayman 2 weeks ago and she was in question if her controller was working also.
    I took the #3 WOT fuel setting and went from the leanest setting, #1 to the richest setting #11 and the rpms went from 7024 on the rich side to 7140 on the lean side. Lean being 1 and rich being 11, just as you would read the hands of a clock.
    Using that formula a 10 rpm change for each single digit increase or decrease would fit.
    Of course all things never being equal, every ski will still react different depending on your specific combination, but it did show that small changes in efi settings make very small changes in rpms and performance.

+1
    we'll be throwing my fuel controller on Mikes Ski tomorrow to test it... finally looks like we will have some Sun tomorrow... its been a real pain being in the middle of summer and raining for most of it (it better be a bloddy good snow season then).

Thread Information