Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1

Side-by-Side shots of ICs for technical comparison

thought maybe some would like to see them in relation to one another rather than just a bunch of words and pics of ebay ebay ebay...

Riva/Vortech and XS-Power
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dsc00379_193.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	583.6 KB 
ID:	3727   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dsc00377_164.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	526.6 KB 
ID:	3728   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dsc00374_568.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	578.0 KB 
ID:	3729   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dsc00373_137.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	562.6 KB 
ID:	3730  

+1
    Have you done back to back tests yet?

+1
    in the process.... swapping them as we speak, all things held constant... BUT, i can't say my testing will be 100% accurate. I'm having some issues i'm not sure how it will factor in or skew the testing

+1
    A smaller package, without a doubt, is a much easier install. Hands down. The xpower cooler will without a doubt, by design, will yeild better results. This is a heat transfer system. The more area, the more transfer. The more fin contact , more transfer. Xpower has more area and more fin contact. Its simple. And flow,,,I don`t think the amount of restriction will compare to temperature drop of xpower to vortech. Price, well,,,no comparison. Ease of installation,,,no comparison, vortech has it.

I will have a complete install package. Orderred a 25ft length of 2x3"x 3/16 aluminum for the mounting brackets. Will have tubes pre-bent with silicone transition and couplers with 90 degree fittings and clamps. I`m waiting on my throttlebody to start final install of mine. When I get it done with all the bugs worked out and template for holes to drill for brackets I`ll contact Jerry to see if he wants to go with this in his store. Its his site and his call. But let me first get the prototype done and proven. This setup will only e for an RXP. I`ll have to look at the RXT when it comes from Mississippi back to my shop and see if the owner will let me have it for 2 weeks. This will just be an install kit without the cooler.

+1
    i tried.... using the Riva pipes for comparison. No Go, no matter how i tried.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dsc00382_267.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	565.3 KB 
ID:	3732  

Legend in my own mind Sirhc7897's Avatar
    I bet you don't see much, if any, difference on the top end side of things. Both cores appear quite similar with the XS having maybe more linear fin area but the Vortech appearing to perhaps have more vertical fin area (I can't tell for sure but the vortech spacing appears tighter top to bottom?)...

That said I'd be willing to bet the actual cooling surface areas are quite similar between the two.

I would expect the Vortech to have better bottom end in a direct compare due to the fact that it also appears to have less "dead air" space to fill (ie it seems to pack the same cooling fin area into a more compact package). A more compact package means it's going to require less volume of air to get things moving. That means that with either one behind the same supercharger setup pushing the same amount of air the Vortech is going to pump it through faster simply because it has to and you're going to get snappier throttle response...

Bigger is NOT always better...It's a balancing act and I am quite certain Riva and Vortech designed this intercooler for the long haul (in regards to their kits)...

I think if the XS performs as good as the Vortech it's a victory for the XS. In reality I expect the XS to be close but ultimately not as good...

Very good points Chris. Agreed. Only more testing willl truly tell though.

What does anyone think about the water pathway of the XSpower vs the Riva? I would think back to front like the XSPower is more efficient.

+1
    I like the xpower. This is another reason I`m yanking my thermostat. To answer the question,,,no it won`t flow through too quickly.

i can't wait to see results from this thing. Me lika to be big!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information