Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

To mod my 05 rxp or buy rxp-x?

I ran across your forum a few days ago and have learned a wealth of information, THANKS GUYS! A few questions, which would be better, mod my 05 rxp with stage 1 kit, and a few others, or buy the new rxp-x? Dose the x have any smoother ride than the p? And finally is there anything one can do to help smooth out the ride on the p in choppy water? Any input woulds be helpful. THANKS

Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    +1
    Mod your 05 dude. Ride will be the same. Its essentially the same hull as your 05 although the X has a different pump tunnel. You can make your ride better by getting rid of the OPAS paddles and getting the RE block-offs and some sponsons.

You can find all your mod parts here at the Green Hulk 4-tech performance store.

http://www.4-tecperformance.com/

Depends On What You Like Better, Mod Your 05 And It Will Be Unique, Or Buy An X And Will Be Simpler.

Quote Originally Posted by gnatsum743 View Post
    Depends On What You Like Better, Mod Your 05 And It Will Be Unique, Or Buy An X And Will Be Simpler.
    I agree...I've spent $3500 and some frustration to get my rxt running over 72 and my firends 08 RXT runs like that out of the box. Unless you like to tinker a lot, get the 08 X-Man and have most of the hard stuff already done for you.

Quote Originally Posted by lafjax View Post
    I agree...I've spent $3500 and some frustration to get my rxt running over 72 and my firends 08 RXT runs like that out of the box. Unless you like to tinker a lot, get the 08 X-Man and have most of the hard stuff already done for you.
    You can look at that $3500 as being consevative too! Plus that's with out the trim and pump set-back. Personal preference!

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by williet View Post
    I ran across your forum a few days ago and have learned a wealth of information, THANKS GUYS! A few questions, which would be better, mod my 05 rxp with stage 1 kit, and a few others, or buy the new rxp-x? Dose the x have any smoother ride than the p? And finally is there anything one can do to help smooth out the ride on the p in choppy water? Any input woulds be helpful. THANKS

Buy an RXP-X ... open the seat , smell the engine and new plastic parts which smells better than any perfums .

I think it depends on your Mod level , stage 1 or 2 , go for RXP-X and upgrade to X model stage 1 ... if you are going for stage 3 it is better to keep your current RXP .

A lot of food for thought gentlemen. Thanks. The one thing that drives me nuts is I can not keep up with my son on his Ultra 250 in choppy water, drive right pass him in the smooth.

Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by williet View Post
    A lot of food for thought gentlemen. Thanks. The one thing that drives me nuts is I can not keep up with my son on his Ultra 250 in choppy water, drive right pass him in the smooth.
    X isnt gonna help ya much there. 250 is still gonna thrash you in the chop.

I know thats right. Maybe I have to go with rxt-x.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information