Gents please take a look and help me out

First and formost hello to everyone I haven't been on here for a while. I had my ski stored for a while and I just finished putting it back together.
    Its seems that the ski starts to miss at times and spew oil/gunk from the muffler. I dont know what it is everything seems to be fine. Here's a pic for you guys to give me some input.

I have the normal mods-
    reeds (fercho)
    d plate
    efi controler riva
    heads (riva)
    jetworks mod
    jims plate
    1200 grate
    updated pump w dynafly
    open throttle bodies
    and a few other doodads
    please let me know...I am running yamalube 3oz's per gallon on 93octane

the crud accumulates until you run it with a hose or better yet in the water but the missing? also your above 40 to 1 with that ratio is what what u want? premix on that boy is normally
    32 to 1
    Last edited by ZMANN; 02-20-2008 at 08:03 PM.

you didn't state your craft but I see an efi controller? I didn't think premixing a fi motor was ok? or am I wrong? Z

That is with the hose and in the water. Its like thick oil alomost like motor oil. If you think I need more oil please let me know..4oz's per gallon?

I'll let the guys with PV motors chime in

Rotterdam,NY & Moneta, VA
    im probly way off but check your compression and spark maybe your not firing on all cylinders and the oil and gas is getting pumped out on the cylinder not firing

Back To What Zmann Was Stating, You Have The Efi Controller So I Am To Assume You Are Running An Efi Set Up And Not Carbs In Which Case I Would Think That You Are Clogging Up The Pintles In Your Injectors. Whenever We Set New 2 Stroke Motors, Whether Their Snowmobiles, Pwc's, Atv's, Performance Outboards They Always Call For A Hundred To One On Break In Premix In The First Tank, (along With Their Oil Injection System)nothing Heavier Because Of The Injectors. Your Exhaust Residue Definatley Looks Like What I See In All V.e.s. Exhaust Systems Regardless Of Product Type, This Is A Normal Condition For Power Valves And Just Needs To Be Cleaned Periodically. However To See It Beyond The Powervalves Maybe A Pwc Characteristic. Zmann Says Its 32 To 1 On That Motor, If So That Is Pretty Strong On The Oil And Will Cause More Residue Than The Usual 2 Stroke Mixture Of 40 To 1. The Old School Guys Will Remember The 25 To 1 Two Strokes, Talk About Oil Residue! Check Your Plug Color, Chocolate Brown To Tan Is Your Best, If Their Black Your Rich Somewhere Or Idling Alot.

Thread Information