Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Will work on YOUR ski for FREE! GeoRXT's Avatar
    +1

RXT water bypass fitting connection...

Is it the line at the bottom there that need to be re-routed to the bypass?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HPIM0125.jpg 
Views:	184 
Size:	517.8 KB 
ID:	58692  

Quote Originally Posted by GeoRXT View Post
    Yes!

Oh dear god PLEASE tell me I didn't just see this...

GEO, c'mon man, set the tools down and step away from the ski, nice and slow now...

JP

+1
    Geo, which bypass are you talking about?

That's the line that connects to your flush port and then connects to the top of your J pipe.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    sorry Jer that's not the flush hose.

RXT flush is on the other side of the pump support and it up way higher than that

that's the hose that goes from the exhaust manifold/j-pipe T and dumps out the ski... stock RXT bypass off the exhaust

Geo... what are you trying to do? ... call me if u want, u got my # ... with an aftermarket exhaust or waterbox or thru-hull or what have you, on the RXT alot of the bypass stuff is not neccessary. what you do would be strictly cosmetic to have the water spray out of a different hole rather than have it shoot out the pump support plate

+1
    let me just go out on a limb here and explain a few things and beat the questions... and furthmore, pose questions to the RXT owners that seem to be bypassing.. well, nothing..

the "bypass" as we like to call it, which is hardly even that, but we'll call it one anyway.... is focused around the Supercharged 4-tecs that have a T fitting in the middle of the small hoses the connect from the bottom of the exhaust manifold to the bottom of the j-pipe... not every 4-tec platform has this T, SCIC units, and i forget is the 185 motors do or not, i think NOT... but maybe they do, that's irrelevant. i know the NA skis do not have a T

now this T... the hose that comes off it on the RXP.. goes to the stock exhaust exit and sprays water in the exhaust outlet in the stock location.. when you add a thru-hull exhaust from riva you put this on the end of the thru-hull pipe (strictly to make it quieter) .... with a shorty waterbox or other custom fabbed exhaust setups, it's IMPERATIVE that you do NOT just cap off this hose or jsut throw a bolt in there and clamp a bolt in it. it NEEDS to flow water.. so hence a "bypass" ... which can be achieved with a bypass fitting drilled on your hull somewhere OR you can simply drill out the nipple on the pump support that is already there for this hose and done, bypassed.

the RXT... this T does NOT go to the stock exhaust outlet. the hose on the T goes into this nipple on the pump support. when ur flushing ur RXT u may notice a little stream of water shooting out the bottom right corner and landing on the rideplate.. that's your stock bypass since ur exhaust is not water injected at the outlet. when a RXT owner installs an aftermarket exhaust, you dont have to do ANY bypassing, it's already bypassed. dont touch anything just install all your exhaust crap and call it a day. you CAN take the hose off that GEO has pictured and drill a bypass fitting somewhere on your hull if u want to have water spraying out, but it serves zero purpose and then u'd need to plug or cap off the pump support so u dont sink

any questions?

Website may not be suitable for small children WOT's Avatar
    What do you think the reasoning is behind the RXP spraying water into the exaust outlet, but not the RXT? I'm just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485 View Post
    the "bypass" as we like to call it, which is hardly even that, but we'll call it one anyway....
    Steve, I and some others replaced the t-fitting with a straight fitting and did away with that by pass altogether. Anything wrong with that?

+1
    not sure to be honest...

other than sound deafening? it serves no cooling purpose or operational or mechanical purpose.

both skis utilize same resonators, same waterboxes... their decision to inject the exhaust outlet on the RXP and not the RXT has had me baffled for a few years but never got too concerned with it bc it serves no purpose to my knowledge

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485 View Post
    let me just go out on a limb here and explain a few things and beat the questions... and furthmore, pose questions to the RXT owners that seem to be bypassing.. well, nothing..

the "bypass" as we like to call it, which is hardly even that, but we'll call it one anyway.... is focused around the Supercharged 4-tecs that have a T fitting in the middle of the small hoses the connect from the bottom of the exhaust manifold to the bottom of the j-pipe... not every 4-tec platform has this T, SCIC units, and i forget is the 185 motors do or not, i think NOT... but maybe they do, that's irrelevant. i know the NA skis do not have a T

now this T... the hose that comes off it on the RXP.. goes to the stock exhaust exit and sprays water in the exhaust outlet in the stock location.. when you add a thru-hull exhaust from riva you put this on the end of the thru-hull pipe (strictly to make it quieter) .... with a shorty waterbox or other custom fabbed exhaust setups, it's IMPERATIVE that you do NOT just cap off this hose or jsut throw a bolt in there and clamp a bolt in it. it NEEDS to flow water.. so hence a "bypass" ... which can be achieved with a bypass fitting drilled on your hull somewhere OR you can simply drill out the nipple on the pump support that is already there for this hose and done, bypassed.

the RXT... this T does NOT go to the stock exhaust outlet. the hose on the T goes into this nipple on the pump support. when ur flushing ur RXT u may notice a little stream of water shooting out the bottom right corner and landing on the rideplate.. that's your stock bypass since ur exhaust is not water injected at the outlet. when a RXT owner installs an aftermarket exhaust, you dont have to do ANY bypassing, it's already bypassed. dont touch anything just install all your exhaust crap and call it a day. you CAN take the hose off that GEO has pictured and drill a bypass fitting somewhere on your hull if u want to have water spraying out, but it serves zero purpose and then u'd need to plug or cap off the pump support so u dont sink

any questions?
    thanks for clearing that up.

Question, I put my riva thru hull on my gtx. I thought that the pisser on the end of the exhuast had to be used. so i installed a t fitting in between the j pipe and exhaust manifold on the bottom like my rxp. then connected that hose to the exhaust pisser. so saying that, my 03 gtx did not have the bypass originally.
    Should this be ok or would you not have the t and not use the exhaust pisser on the riva thru hull pipe.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information