Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Question wireless troubles (help needed)

Don't know a damn thing about blue tooth devices, but its starting to drive me nuts here.

I use a tablet, a lot, and recently, like since about late December or so I have been experiencing drifting. I don't know this to be the right term or not, but I will be using the pen and there is this dumb ass delay, lag, stall, catching up and some innacuracy.

It sometimes clears up for a while if I turn the tablet off/on, and I tried changing the USB device to a different port to no avail.

Now I have two blue tooth dongles, and the second one is from a different manufacturer, but same sh*t happening from time to time.

Is there anything that could be interfering with this device? I am in a light industrial complex with tenants under me and next door.
    Could they have any wireless devices or something else that is causing interference?

So frustrated..........

Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by SideFX View Post
    Don't know a damn thing about blue tooth devices, but its starting to drive me nuts here.

I use a tablet, a lot, and recently, like since about late December or so I have been experiencing drifting. I don't know this to be the right term or not, but I will be using the pen and there is this dumb ass delay, lag, stall, catching up and some innacuracy.

It sometimes clears up for a while if I turn the tablet off/on, and I tried changing the USB device to a different port to no avail.

Now I have two blue tooth dongles, and the second one is from a different manufacturer, but same sh*t happening from time to time.

Is there anything that could be interfering with this device? I am in a light industrial complex with tenants under me and next door.
    Could they have any wireless devices or something else that is causing interference?

So frustrated..........
    do you know if they are using BLuetooth RF scanners or anything like that?

+1
    Do you happen to have a cell phone that is bluetooth compatible that has the connectivity enabled on? Are there any bluetooth printers or hardware bluetooth stuff nearby ?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Region8Ultra250X View Post
    do you know if they are using BLuetooth RF scanners or anything like that?
    That's sounds freeky. I'm a geak and don't know what that is. Can they gain access to my pooter when I have a blue tooth connected?

One small possiblity could be an 802.11 network close. I have a lot of experience with 802 and bluetooth and most of my experience has proven that they do not effect each other much. I have run into it though. They are both 2.4 ghz signals, bluetooth is frequency hopping and 802.11 is direct sequence so for the most part they play ok together.

Another might be a 2.4ghz phone or walkie talkie system.

One other possiblity is if you see it happen in a specific area, look for a cheaply made microwave. They like to eat 802 and bluetooth for lunch. The cheaper the microwave the more 2.4 interference it causes.

Just some ideas to check.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RX951 View Post
    Do you happen to have a cell phone that is bluetooth compatible that has the connectivity enabled on? Are there any bluetooth printers or hardware bluetooth stuff nearby ?
    I gave up the cell phone since I saw an egg being cooked between two cell phones in 60 minutes on You Tube.
    No other devices running here accept for the coffee maker ,)

+1
    Any microwaves nearby ?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehrjet View Post
    One small possiblity could be an 802.11 network close. I have a lot of experience with 802 and bluetooth and most of my experience has proven that they do not effect each other much. I have run into it though. They are both 2.4 ghz signals, bluetooth is frequency hopping and 802.11 is direct sequence so for the most part they play ok together.

Another might be a 2.4ghz phone or walkie talkie system.

One other possiblity is if you see it happen in a specific area, look for a cheaply made microwave. They like to eat 802 and bluetooth for lunch. The cheaper the microwave the more 2.4 interference it causes.

Just some ideas to check.
    I have a new phone, vtech Dect 6.0 computer friendly, but this started happening before that.
    Not fully understanding here, but is there a setting in the computer that I can change or something? Like changing freequency, code, signal or whatever?

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    ... Now I have two blue tooth dongles... I am in a light industrial complex with tenants under me and next door.
    Could they have any wireless devices or something else that is causing interference?...
    I suggest you connect the Bluetooth dongle using a USB extension cable, then place the dongle as close as possible to the tablet where the Bluetooth antenna is located inside. Like within an inch of the tablet antenna. Look in the tablet manual to determine where exactly the antenna is in your tablet.

That will maximize the signal strength between the tablet and YOUR Bluetooth USB. If this fixes the problem, you may be able to tape the dongle to the underside of the table, if it is wooden, right below the tablet's antenna. The Bluetooth signal should be able to reach through the table.

If close proximity between tablet and dongle improves things, but is not yet good enough, then consider placing a metal tube or dome shaped foil shield around the dongle and the tablet's Bluetooth antenna, so the RF signal between the two is shielded from OUTSIDE interference, but still has an easy, direct air RF path between the two.

If your tablet has an actual USB wire connection, use that instead. Wires may be less "cool", but they work.

Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    +1
    That's sounds freeky. I'm a geak and don't know what that is. Can they gain access to my pooter when I have a blue tooth connected?

no they can't.... it is used for inventory scanning and they download the info from the scanner via bluetooth to the computers

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information