Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

British Columbia Imposes Carbon Tax (RANT)

A slippery slope as we get screwed some more.

============
    British Columbia Imposes Carbon Tax On All Fossil Fuels F*k me where?

Graham Warwick
    Legislature Reporter
    Wednesday, February 20, 2008

VICTORIA - B.C. Tuesday imposed a carbon tax on all fossil fuels, effective July 1, that will raise $1.8 billion in the next three years.

It will add 2.4 cents to a litre of gasoline, rising to 7.2 cents by 2012.

It will be a revenue-neutral tax, and the money will be returned to taxpayers Bahahaha in tax cuts and incentives or pay big time, Finance Minister Carole Taylor promised in her budget speech. BS

"Every dollar raised will be returned to the people of B.C. in the form of lower taxes," (I fkn doubt it) said Taylor, wearing a green woolen two-piece and green pumps to deliver her final budget speech. "Applause"

"We promised you green and today we delivered green." "And we're going to make you pay for it by force"

Among the tax cuts and incentives is a one-time $100 carbon-tax dividend for all British Columbians and a two-per-cent tax cut on income up to $70,000 this year, rising to five per cent in 2009.

The $37.7-billion budget includes $1 billion for climate-change initiatives, More BS including matching the $2,000 federal sales-tax exemption on fuel-efficient vehicles.

It also includes an additional $2.9 billion over three years for health care, bringing the health budget to $13.8 billion for the coming year.

The budget predicts a modest surplus of $50 million. which will be spent The debt of $37.7 billion in 2008-09 will add another $7.5 billion by 2011.

The two-per-cent income-tax cut will amount to $51 this year for people making $50,000 a year, rising to $134 in 2009.

As well as the one-time $100 cheques for everyone this June, "Bribe" low-income people will continue to receive an annual "climate-action credit" Who writes this sh*t? of $100 per adult and $30 per child.

The budget will phase out the capital tax on banks, replacing it with a minimum tax to reduce taxes for financial institutions. Well of course, we must take care of the very thieves who print money out of thin air and charge us to use it.

Small businesses receive a $255-million tax cut; corporate income taxes are cut by $415 million. all on the surface for now

Taylor said B.C. is signing on to a cap-and-trade system for large emitters of greenhouse gas. Hard targets for emissions will be set and emitters who go over that cap can buy extra emission credits from companies that don't use theirs. Now that solves the problem

The $2.9 billion in health spending between now and 2011 includes a $300-million "transformation fund" to make regional health authorities more efficient.

There's also an innovation fund of $75 million to move to a patient-focused health model.

Debra McPherson, who heads the B.C. Nurses Union, noted health authorities are getting six-per-cent funding hikes but are still under-funded.

"The small increase poses serious problems for the health authorities' effort to attract and retain nurses and other health care staff needed to provide care for patients," she said.

Said Judy Darcy of the Hospital Employees Union: "This budget represents a lost opportunity for health care and B.C. patients. Government is committed to a vague notion of transformational change, but there are few details." End of Red Herring

Ian Bruce, climate-change expert with the David Suzuki Foundation, said the carbon tax is a "powerful incentive to steel more from the people that makes polluting activities more expensive, and going green cheaper."

HEY! You politicians want to really stop pollution? You know what to do.

Alternative methods exist and they won't have us using them until the last drop of oil has been burnt and the Barrons are stuffed to the gills. Why do you think there is a war going on???????
    Bunch of BS!
    This is just going to get really ugly over time as the greedy pigs reach deeper and deeper all the time, inventing new ways to steel the fruits of our labor and make promisses that soon disolve as quickly as the public forgets about it being implemented. I can't see an end to the abuse of taxation. It comes in one form or another as in England this current moment, they are considering an anual renewable smoking license. Yes, indeed it's all about greed and we are helpless against the cabals.

Now get the popcorn ready, it's movie time again!

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?doc...arch&plindex=0

+1
    Man you come up with some great posts.......
    I love the comments you inserted

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Beagleman62 View Post
    Man you come up with some great posts.......
    I love the comments you inserted
    Well it just blows my mind how these 'puppet people' to the masters come up with this crap. Have we not had enough yet? It ends when we take action, though from the looks of things, apathy is obviously the most abundant element in the universe.
    It's just sick that people do this sh*t to other people. There is no more humanity to these low forms of people. They are all very sick in the head and work against us at every engineered chance and line their pockets for a lifetime of comfort at our expense. God, we can't even plan our futures because somebody else has already mapped it all out for profit. Look what the pigs in the Federal Reserve have done. HAS ANYBODY WOKEN UP YET??? THEY AREN'T FEDERAL, and they print money out of thin air, with nothing to back it. Look at an old 'green back'. On the face side it used to read: ONE SILVER DOLLAR payable to the bearer on demand. Well they pulled those out of circulation pretty quick as they don't have it.
    And I tire of hearing people say "Well, that's just the way it is, what are you going to do about it". That is why we are in this mess. Then they can pay for the stupidity as some of us who know shouldn't have to just for being in the know. ARG!!! LoL
    Pisses me right off and I need to express myself at times.

You're starting to get my blood going! I don't even live there.....nothing worse than elected officials "representing the people" by enacting policies that line their coffers and fill the tanks of their yachts!

+1
    Can you get some of them BC "snow birds" to leave Arizona. I had some of those "machine guns mounted on the truck hood" thoughts today, while trying to navigate traffic. My GOD they drive slow.

+1
    I noted that David Suzuki's foundation is quoted. The guy is an eco terrorist and is profiting off of all his environmental bullshit.
    He is the same as Al Gore. They both own carbon credit purchasing companies and the more they suck people in the more thier companies profit.
    The weak minded governments of the day buy into this and carbon taxes are what you get.
    Most real climatologists are saying we may be in a phase of global cooling now. Hopefully it goes this way over the next couple of years and shuts these clowns up.

+1
    Carbon tax, what a ffing joke. When they realize the earth isn't warming and that we are actually cooling what will they call the tax, ice tax?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrotoys View Post
    Can you get some of them BC "snow birds" to leave Arizona. I had some of those "machine guns mounted on the truck hood" thoughts today, while trying to navigate traffic. My GOD they drive slow.
    They were just slowing you down so the Tundra wouldn't produce as much pollution...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by miketrin View Post
    Carbon tax, what a ffing joke. When they realize the earth isn't warming and that we are actually cooling what will they call the tax, ice tax?

BOATADDICT brought that up as well and the other comments are equaly good. Glad nobody beat me up for spouting off about the 'Green' issue. The rotten thing is once the gov get their way, it just gets worse.
    You know, I looked at my expenses, and each month (like many of you) I work for:

pention, income tax, health care, goods and services tax, provincial sales tax, the lease, the phone, the electrical, the cable, the insurance, bank charges, interest, the gasoline, tripple net property taxes, water and property maintenance. I feel I've left something out here
    Oh ya. Me.

I know we need shelter, heat and so on, but isn't there a more efficient way to have these comforts without being a slave to it? I kind of like Captain Pike's position in the old original Star Trek series. Ya, he had it pretty good, all cozy cumfy and surounded by his buddies. You know, sort of a pre Stephen Hawkings exsistance where he sat in that closed in chair and flashed a green light for yes, and red for no. Maybe he had a cute chick in there, who the heck knows, Eh?

Anyway, global warming? Engineering the weather? H.A.A.R.P. ? Say it aint so.
    Get the popcorn ready cause it's movie time again! (repost)

Maybe, I should start drinking or smoking pot. I see many who seem quite happy and light headed doing so. LoL
    Ahhhh god, it was that damn red pill. I was just so damn curious to know the truth Now I gone hurt me brain.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BOATADDICT View Post
    They were just slowing you down so the Tundra wouldn't produce as much pollution...
    I made it up in tire smoke.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information