Thread: 900zxi problems

900zxi problems

im not a kawi guy but my buddies dad has a 900 zxi that we are going to work on and it has some problems.... if you ride wot for a little bit it will all of sudden bog out and pop and miss like crazy let it idle for a sec then it will go for another 20-30 secs then do it again last time i saw it there was no flow coming out the hole on the right side of it any input would help!

If there is no water coming out of the pisser, then you have a cooling issue.

Does it bog like is is running out of fuel?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 2k7rxp View Post
    im not a kawi guy but my buddies dad has a 900 zxi that we are going to work on and it has some problems.... if you ride wot for a little bit it will all of sudden bog out and pop and miss like crazy let it idle for a sec then it will go for another 20-30 secs then do it again last time i saw it there was no flow coming out the hole on the right side of it any input would help!
    It's getting hot. My buddy had the same prob & it was the water fitting on the head or the pipe, I can't remember but It had a small piece of a shell wedged in it & limiting the flow by 75%. Hence idle is cool, WOT is hot.

yes there is no water coming out of the pisser i figured it was an overheating problem but his father is a boat mechanic and doesn't have time to do anything now and it does act like it is running out of gas it will all of sudden bog out and almost throw u into the handlebars then go again....the owner thinks that it may be something the the electrical box...which now brings in another portion of the story that it was stolen from him and the coast guard found it bobbing nose up in the middle of lake michigan so im sure there is corrosion everywhere but i think that it is an overheating issue as well but he thinks it corrosion just wondering if there was any known problems with them

You might try trimming the ends of the plug wires back a bit. They sometimes break and will act like you describe. A bad fuel pump will also act similar. As mentioned before a partialy clogged cooling system would let it overheat at wot.
    Last edited by btldigger; 02-22-2008 at 01:24 AM.

+1
    Are there crossovers on the inlet manifolds?? GroupK had a problen that sounds something like this.

+1
    Also sounds like what happens to a polaris when the vent tube from the gas take gets clogged.

thanks guys i will check all that stuff when i get the ski in the garage

I haven't seen the inside of one of those machines for a long time. But I know on an older stand-up I had the fuel tank check valve was preventing air from getting into the tank and it would literally try to implode the tank. It looked like a pepsi bottle with all the air sucked out of it. It would run great for 15 minutes then slow right down until the little air it could get would allow the fuel to flow properly from the tank again.

Thread Information