Riva SC impeller

If I install a riva vortec imp and my clutch fails. Will my dealer be able to tell that its not the factory impeller? I'm afraid if they see an aftermarket SC impeller they will say that excess boost caused premature clutch failure. My warranty is effective until mid July this year. After all he said that an aftermarket intake system would probably cause it to run lean?

Nope unless he is a realllllllllllllllllllllllll penis ... youll be fine i had it happen and they didnt say a word

Its going to depend on your dealer and your relationship with them.

Most likely not because they probably won't know it's not the stock impeller. It's unlikely they have a stock one there to compare it to.

This exact senario happened to me. I asked the dealer if I could bring in just the SC because I had a Riva intake and it was a pain to get to the SC (I didn't want them to see my other mods). One hour later I handed them the SC. The next day they handed me the SC with the 06 upgrade. They probably would have upgraded it anyway, even if they knew it wasn't the stock impeller, but I didn't want to put them in that position. They had previously told me they would honor the waranty as long as I didn't go into the engine.

I'm looking for one right now. RXP david may still have one but I'm leaving for a carribean cruise next wednesday and won't be able to get one until after then. Maybe I'll luck up and find one, there are still a lot of people who haven't gotten their new RR wheels yet.

Thread Information