Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1

AWA New York Freedom Ride - June 21, 2008

maybe no more DC freedom ride? .... they changed it to NY freedom ride this year?

June 21, 2008

if so... that's freaken AWESOMEEEEE

http://www.ridepwc.com/awa_wiki/PWC_Events

I am surpirsed Manthos is not a member here, unless I am missing something. 10k+ is a lot of AWA memberships.

+1
    That N.Y. date has been set for awhile I think there may have been some issues last year at the D.C. ride that Chris just doesn't want to see happen again so hopefully he will come up with something good. In any event our club will be having our 2nd Annual Operation Helping Hero's Ride July 11th thru July 14th, We will be riding out of Annapolis, MD. to Washington D.C. and back. We are hoping to meet up with as many AWA members and clubs that would like to come meet us Saturday morning July 12th at Leesylvania State Park so we can all ride to Washington D.C. together to raise awareness for the charity we are trying to raise money for which is The Family & Friends For Freedom Fund which helps our injured Marines and other servicemen and women who are coming back from Iraq and Afganistan. If you or anyone you may know is interested please feel free to contact me at our website which is www.easternpariverrunners.com Your donations to the charity are always welcome as well and that can be done through our site too.

Thanks,

Watson

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by GPRXP Steve View Post
    I am surpirsed Manthos is not a member here, unless I am missing something. 10k+ is a lot of AWA memberships.
    i'm kinda surprised myself... then again, WE are probably the ones causing the problems he's trying to reverse... loud decible polluting skis with unburnt hydrocarbons or something

Sorry if we doubled up on another schedualed NY ride date.....The AWA has known about this event since late Sept of last year......The Adirondack Jetski Club is giving away a Kawasaki Jet Ski to one attendee....Raffle tickets are free........Hope some of you can attend.....Click on the link in my signature to view the thread.....Thanx !!!

+1
    do you guys know the launch site or anything for this NY ride yet? .... i'm cringing trying to think of what facility in the area can handle such a large volume of skis

Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485 View Post
    do you guys know the launch site or anything for this NY ride yet? .... i'm cringing trying to think of what facility in the area can handle such a large volume of skis
    Yes if you click on the link in my signature you will see links in the thresd to view the state capmgrounds, hotels & area info...

+1
    holy crap!! never mind... i guess i ASSUMED a freedom ride in NY would have been centered around NYC and the statue of liberty and such... not way up yonder

Just a H-20 HO....Need I say More! Mykull's Avatar

DC Freedom Ride

Shibby, I talked to Trav from the AWA just yesterday and the date for the DC ride has not been set yet...will let everybody know as soon as i find out.
    Watson.....I dont think we had anymore problems on the last freedom ride that you wouldnt have on any other ride. You are always gonna have newbs who dont know what the hell they are doin since i would say 90% of the people who ride skis have never ridden in a group of more than 5 none the less 130+ skis all at one time. Mike

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information