How much $$$ have you spent...

...modding your RXP / RXT?

Mine is stock and if I decide to keep it (see http://www.greenhulk.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=546) I might add a few mods to it, but to spend 3, 4, 5,000 dollars on mods on top of the 11 or 12 K the thing cost just to add a few extra MPH doesn't seem worth it to me. Sure, I would love to go faster, but is it really worth the expense?

You guys must be rich!!

Ed

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1

Re: How much $$$ have you spent...

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    ...modding your RXP / RXT?

Mine is stock and if I decide to keep it (see http://www.greenhulk.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=546) I might add a few mods to it, but to spend 3, 4, 5,000 dollars on mods on top of the 11 or 12 K the thing cost just to add a few extra MPH doesn't seem worth it to me. Sure, I would love to go faster, but is it really worth the expense?

You guys must be rich!!

Ed
    lol, i know all about that ed!! i'm contemplating modding or leaving my ski bone stock... the gains are so minimal! what am i looking at maybe 5 mph for like 3-4 grand IF I"M LUCKY!?

i know this debate has gone far and wide, but if you ask me the GP1200/1300R guys can get their sis smokin ALOT more quickly and effectively. they know what needs to be done and what works. spit out the money and they have an 80 mph ski.

i still haven't heard a concrete uniform method every 4-tec owner can use to get their ski smokin at 78-80 mph..

and this coming from a biased seadoo fan/owner

+1
    Well, we early generation modders are paying for the R&D costs. The prices will come down in the years to come when the performance manufacturers recoup their initial investment. And while the GPR is easier and cheaper to build big speed numbers today, that is because they have been working on that platform for 5 years. The RXP is just a year old and the RXT is brand new. Only time will tell.

Mine is still 100% stock,and I don't have the mod bug yet.Last time,(1994), it took about two years after my purchase to mod my ski.Although,if memory serves,it only cost me around $600-$800 to mod my first ski.It was just a 580 cc ,but handled soooooo much better afterwards and gained roughly 2-3 mph after the mods.Still got my ass whooped constantly,but I was happy with the return on investment,considering the cost.That isn't the case with my RXP so far.It does sound awful expensive to gain only 2-3 mph on one of these,it's worth it for some,not for others.Only time will tell if I get the bug again or not.I am glad these other guys are doing it though,like Franko said.........they are basically paying for the research and development for future modders.Hats off guys!!

My RXP is 100% stock and it will stay that way. I'll be putting my money towards making the Z06 faster. That'll be a much bigger return on the money spent.

I never try to return my investment on mods..........
    I do it for the love of speed.
    As for the mods...................
    I have TWO RXT's to play with!
    I already removed the OPAS from both ski's.
    This winter:
    The wife's ski is gonna get a grate,water box mod,and a cold air intake
    (I am working on my own design intake for the RXT's) and MAYBE a prop.

MY ski is getting all the above,plus a repitched Solas, and a MPEM upgrade,
    I just haven't decided WHICH MPEM yet.

+1
    I agree spending the 3 grand into the ski and only seeing a some what of a change does seem like a waste(my dad thinks that), but I guess a lot of the people spending the money enjoy modding and I sorta of have the mod bug just I don't have the money to do much lol. All I have done is a riva intake grate and once i get the money i basically just want to do a stage 1 for now because its only about $600 and i just want to be at least some what faster than the stock rxps since now i see so many rxps and rxts out on my lake lol. I think the two fastest skies on Lake Anna that I know of so far is an Yellow 04 RXP with a riva stage 1 kit and a black 04 RXP with a RR stage 1. And just seeing how a stage 1 kicked my butt made me want to put the stage 1 in my ski . This is my first year doing any type of moding to a jetski and I'm hopin by next season my dad will let me do racing if I get good .

Thread Information