Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Riva stage 3 kit

My friend just installed a riva stage 3 kit right after breaking in the ski stock, but i wanna do like stage 1, then stage 2, then stage three so the engine could get use to it which 1 is better? and why?

Quote Originally Posted by Avion3333 View Post
    My friend just installed a riva stage 3 kit right after breaking in the ski stock, but i wanna do like stage 1, then stage 2, then stage three so the engine could get use to it which 1 is better? and why?
    You do not need to worry about the engine getting use to it after the engine is broken in with 10+ hours. It will continue to get faster until about 25 hours but it can do that with Stage 1 or Stage 3, it dosen't matter.

Stage 1 and Stage 2 do not void your warranty but full Stage 3 with Riva ECU will void your warranty. If stage 3 is your goal then go for it...no need to do 1 then 2 then 3. Many of us do a Stage 2 1/2 and do everything except the Riva ECU and valve train upgrade to eliminate completely voiding the warranty.

+1
    I agree Larry, why go step by step ? If you want the Stg. 3 kit just do it the first time. Any items that you use only with the Stg 1 or Stg 2 kits will be extra used parts that you will have to sell. In general you will take a beating selling them and will be lucky to get half price for those items. Take it from someone that has been down this road and purchase what you want the first time, and you will not have to tune your ski for 3 different stages. In the end you will have the performance you want and save lots of $$$$ by purchasing the Stg. 3 kit.

Quote Originally Posted by lafjax View Post
    You do not need to worry about the engine getting use to it after the engine is broken in with 10+ hours. It will continue to get faster until about 25 hours but it can do that with Stage 1 or Stage 3, it dosen't matter.

Stage 1 and Stage 2 do not void your warranty but full Stage 3 with Riva ECU will void your warranty. If stage 3 is your goal then go for it...no need to do 1 then 2 then 3. Many of us do a Stage 2 1/2 and do everything except the Riva ECU and valve train upgrade to eliminate completely voiding the warranty.

+1
    go stage 3 from the get go. there is nothing wrong with doing it this way.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    Yea do what jerry says, you won't regret it. Also make sure you break that thing in hard, don't pussy foot it. Ride it like you stole it!

Quote Originally Posted by lafjax View Post

ok does the rude s/c void the warranty

Quote Originally Posted by suck my wake View Post
    Yea do what jerry says, you won't regret it. Also make sure you break that thing in hard, don't pussy foot it. Ride it like you stole it!
    lol ride it like you stole it our team slogan

Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    i did the stage 3 upgrade and i'm having hell with the ski my top sped was 72.5 mph on gps and a guy did 1.75 then 2 1/2 then 3 and his ski is FLYING his fastest on the gps was 80.1mph

+1
    Which impeller, how many RPMs what elevation etc ?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Avion3333 View Post
    i did the stage 3 upgrade and i'm having hell with the ski my top sped was 72.5 mph on gps and a guy did 1.75 then 2 1/2 then 3 and his ski is FLYING his fastest on the gps was 80.1mph

There is something definatly wrong there...What kinda RPMs are you turning?????

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information