Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Watch your Buddy! Keep checking on long runs!

All that drama for that guy, becuase they were not a 'team', and the rides tunnel vision becomes selfish when you forget to do a buddy check....OFTEN!
    Shawn
    Jet ski rider found safe

12:00a.m. 25 February 2008
    | By Blythe Seinor

A JET ski rider at the centre of a major search off Caloundra yesterday was found safe and well just before dark – at the exact spot he began his adventure almost nine hours earlier.
    Police said the man had been part of a group of between 30 and 40 jet skiers who left Caloundra’s Military Jetty at 9am bound for Moreton Island.
    He was last seen when the riders re-grouped at Bongaree on Bribie Island but there was no sign of him when the group later arrived at Tangalooma.
    Other riders believed he might have headed back to the mainland and decided to begin their own search, but called police when they could not find him by 2.30pm.
    Brisbane Water Police, Bribie Marine Rescue and the Redcliffe Coastguard were called in to help with the search and investigated several reported sightings including a man on a jet ski suffering mechanical problems on Woorim Beach at 3pm, and a jet ski being towed. The search was set to continue into the night when the man turned up at Military Jetty boat ramp shortly after 6pm.
    Police were last night investigating the circumstances of his disappearance but early indications were that his jet ski broke down about halfway into the trek and he spent the day making his way back home.

http://www.thedaily.com.au/news/2008/feb/25/jet-ski-rider-found-safe/

its kinda hard to use the buddy system when theres 30-40 people riding, not like you can count all of them everytime you turn your head...

+1
    If you have one person designated to be the tail (end of group ) then he is the only one you have to keep an eye out for. He will make sure no one gets behind him.

Just my thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by RUNWME View Post
    If you have one person designated to be the tail (end of group ) then he is the only one you have to keep an eye out for. He will make sure no one gets behind him.

Just my thoughts
    very true but who wants to be at the back of the pack

+1
    Nobody got lost in the St.Johns as of yet.

Anyway, I heard the guy had mechanical problems on his new 08 SHO. He didnt get the recall notice...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RDH View Post
    very true but who wants to be at the back of the pack
    Well... Not I.... maybe it could be decided by free beers and dinner when back at bar.... and if still no volunteers, last one to the first turn gets the honors. That will teach Joe on his Yamaha 1990 VXR to go ahead and upgrade

Well... Not I.... maybe it could be decided by free beers and dinner when back at bar.... and if still no volunteers, last one to the first turn gets the honors. That will teach Joe on his Yamaha 1990 VXR to go ahead and upgrade

but it has so much sentimental value!

+1
    If you ride that project ski of yours, I think everyone would want you behind them and not infront of them!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sstaino View Post
    If you ride that project ski of yours, I think everyone would want you behind them and not infront of them!

but he definitly wont be the last guy around the corner so he wouldnt have to worry about being the lookout

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information