Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Yamaha GPR assembly?

Does anyone know for sure if the GPR needs some assembly, like the steering needs to be installed?

+1
    Call the dealer were you bought it PR.Like i said before,my trim cables were not connected correctly on a couple ski's ive worked on.

Quote Originally Posted by WATER WOODY View Post
    Call the dealer were you bought it PR.Like i said before,my trim cables were not connected correctly on a couple ski's ive worked on.
    on my list of things to do this week.

YES! The handlbars need to be installed along with the barpad, trim system and cables and throttle and cable. The steering "column" is intalled though

Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    Does anyone know for sure if the GPR needs some assembly, like the steering needs to be installed?

Quote Originally Posted by seadoo951 View Post
    YES! The handlbars need to be installed along with the barpad, trim system and cables and throttle and cable.

Hi seedoo, can you please explain in depth how things are packaged and why? What exactly need to be done? are the cables and throttle already on the bars and just need to be fished thru the hull? or is it a big box of parts that needs assembly, appreciate it bro!

When I saw one on a crate last, I believe the cables were already through the hull and sticking out by where the bars went. The handlebars needed to be attatched to the steering "column", the throttle hooked up to the bars (and probably adjusted), the whole trim assebbly hooked up (two large push/pull cables that go to the trim mechanism by the gas tank), and the bar pad needed to be installed. I dont know why they did it this way. I think the bars were either in the hull or in a box on the crate somewhere. I can't remember. This was just from seeing the ski on the crate at the dealer. I have not had experience opening these things up and actually putting them together
    Last edited by seadoo951; 02-24-2008 at 06:24 PM.

sounds like pr getting hit with dealer prep
    it shouldnt take more than a hour to put a gpr togather
    if you cant get out of dealer prep make them fill her up!

+1
    Leaving the handle bars on and then building a crate around them would mean a lot of empty space in the crate. By the time you stack them to ship, you'd not be able to get as many crates in the containers or on the trucks. Pretty standard practice for everything from skis to quads to motorcycles, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by seadoo951 View Post
    When I saw one on a crate last, I believe the cables were already through the hull and sticking out by where the bars went. The handlebars needed to be attatched to the steering "column", the throttle hooked up to the bars (and probably adjusted), the whole trim assebbly hooked up (two large push/pull cables that go to the trim mechanism by the gas tank), and the bar pad needed to be installed. I dont know why they did it this way. I think the bars were either in the hull or in a box on the crate somewhere. I can't remember. This was just from seeing the ski on the crate at the dealer. I have not had experience opening these things up and actually putting them together
    Thank you very much seadoo951!

I now have to go over everything these asshats did. everything was loose, the bar pad was cock-eyed, not even in the locator brackets , and the hold downs for the steering bar was installed backwards, there is a punch mark which means FRONT>, bc there is a different gap when tightening down the hold-downs. The jackass who assembled my ski should be fired, prolly some atv or bike mechanic, more like lawnmower mech but`s that giving them to much credit, sheesh!

+1
    In the crate the bars are off the steering stem. Not sure if the trim cables are installed tho. If I get time this week I will go by and take a few pics of the 08s at my local dealership still in crates.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information