Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 08 FXHo vs SHO

Ft Myers FL

08 FXHo vs SHO

Has anyone got an 08 FXHO yet? Just a thought, my existing 95 hour FXHO is pretty fast regulary showing 63-65 on the clock (OK it could be 58-62) however the new Nanotech hull is meant to be 25% lighter SO just tell me what is the point of spending a further hard earned $$$on the SHO which is meant to top out at 64-67?
    Besides the FXHO is a great reliable well provent fuel efficient engine.
    Your thoughts

3 x 1800 feeding my obsession sconti stellari's Avatar
    arm pulling acceleration would be my quess

Aside from acceleration, the SHO speeds are actual GPS speed as opposed to the 60-62 for a stock FXHO.
    FXHO is a great cruiser with great fuel economy. It is not a performance machine.
    SHO is offered as a cruiser but we all expect it to be a good offering from Yamaha to run with the big 250+ hp dogs even if they don't say so.

Ft Myers FL
    Ok, take your point on the acceleration but if the new FXHO is 25% lighter & the new SHO is both lighter & has more BHP surely the difference can not be soooooo great?

the difference will be enough when he is spraying you in the face with his rooster tail

I don't know. just don't seem like the SHO is worth all that extra doe . I'll stick with the skis that I got now. maybe if they come out with a 2 seater,but the SHO just don't have the ROI in my opinion.

My 2 cents, carry on

Ft Myers FL
    He may be spraying water in my face but for the $3000 difference I can buy an awfull lot of beer!!!

The SHO is said to out-accelerate a Sea Doo RXT. My dad has an RXT, but after BRP's stupid SC problems, I really want a SHO!! My dad also said that the FX Cruiser's hull is a lot more comfortable than a Sea Doo RXT or GTX. I asked a girl at the AC Boat Show and she said, "Yamaha is a very advanced company and I'm sure that they took Sea Doo's problems into consideration." An embarassing thing from the show, 2 Yamaha people couldn't open the hood storage compartment, so a guys looking at the ski when I was there figured it out!! Still, the SHO's exactly what I want, a comfy high-speed couch

Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by andygpr748 View Post
    I don't know. just don't seem like the SHO is worth all that extra doe . I'll stick with the skis that I got now. maybe if they come out with a 2 seater,but the SHO just don't have the ROI in my opinion.

My 2 cents, carry on
    Id look more at possible potential out of the boat.

Although I did get to see a picture of this illusive 09 "2 seater." I dont see what all the fuss is about. 6" shorter?? What the hell is that?? Done since 06 but having bouncing problems when riding 2-up.............

Quote Originally Posted by doublerkid View Post
    He may be spraying water in my face but for the $3000 difference I can buy an awfull lot of beer!!!

ha ha ha ,, true that. Its simple business really. Yamaha had to step up and compete with the others in that category. Thats why they continue to offer the non sho models as well. Pick your poison and ride.

I think its great when companies have many choices to offer. Competition is great and its what keeps the manufacturers on their toes. Were it not for competition we would probably all be riding 80 HP tugboats.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information