Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Difference between GP1300R and Supercharged ski's??

I just want to know besides the power difference between the supercharged Seadoosand Kawasaki ski's what are the other diferences between the GP1300 and the spercharged skis's.the reason i ask is because a local salesman contacted me from a KAwasaki dealership making me an offer to trade my GP1300R for a Kawasaki 250 ultra

Well the GP1300 is the my first and only ski i owned and im sure there is defiantely a good reason why u GP guys chose the GP to the supercharged ski's?????

Moderated
    cost of maitenence is a big diffference, call a few places and tell them your rxp needs a top end rebuild and ask for a price and ask a few other places how much a new top on a gpr costs...

3 x 1800 feeding my obsession sconti stellari's Avatar
    size of the ski for me, I think the gpr turns better more nimble

+1
    I would stay with gpr. I heard that the kawasaki ultra 250 has a bunch of gremlings. I would rather wait with the craft. The sea doo's (RXP-RXT) are FAST, but they tend to blow up after a while something with the washers in the superchargers or something.

I was thinking about trading my gpr in on an rxt or sho, but I am keeping the gpr most definitely. Ease of maintenance, low cost of repairs and upgrades, and plentiful amounts of options are what keeps me on the gpr, plus the cost to get an rxt or 250 to the speed of my gpr, no thanks.

i have both 250x is a great rough water ski nice for long rides but i will not sell my 1300 its my favorite ski ! test ride before you buy. three seater are alot bigger ski.

love my gpr runs 70 and very reliable but that rxpx gets good reviews may have to try it

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Full_Throttle View Post
    I just want to know besides the power difference between the supercharged Seadoosand Kawasaki ski's what are the other diferences between the GP1300 and the spercharged skis's.the reason i ask is because a local salesman contacted me from a KAwasaki dealership making me an offer to trade my GP1300R for a Kawasaki 250 ultra

Well the GP1300 is the my first and only ski i owned and im sure there is defiantely a good reason why u GP guys chose the GP to the supercharged ski's?????
    the GP1300R is naturally aspirated.
    the Kawasaki Ultra 250 and Seadoo RXP have forced induction.

the GPR is two stroke the Kawi is four stroke

+1
    I have owned many skis including two GPRs and hands down my RXP is my favorite ... by far. Easy to mod, tons of parts for it, very reliable once the ceramic SC washers are replaced (no longer a problem with 2008s), very fast, rides one or two up extremely well, GREAT ride once you add an intake grate and OPAS blockoffs ... I have yet to own a perfect ski, but I think the best comparison would be to try to ride a Stage 2 GPR and a Stage 2 RXP ... both great skis, just different. The GPR is much more of a one person ski, its not a good two person ski; the RXP IS a great two person ski, in fact I have carried three full size passengers with no problems. Bottom line, ride both, then decide ...

Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    The GPR is much more of a one person ski, its not a good two person ski..
    so very true...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information