Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Angry one pissed off 250X owner

Just thought I would share my less then desirable experience at Chaparral Motor Sports, the biggest dealership on the west of the Mississippi.

I took my two Ultra 250X's to Chaparral motor sports for the fuel hose and throttle recall. They unloaded my ski's and I made sure I showed the service rep (his name was Vincent) that both of my tanks were full of fuel. Here is my exact statment and I quote "Both of my tank are full and I would like them returned that way." The rep looked at the fuel guage and proceded to finnish the paper work. I should also mention that they had me remove the seats and did not ask me for the covers.

Moving on.... I receive a call from Chaparral a few days later and they informed me that they had to order the parts to do the warranty work and they will give me a call when the work is finnished.. I said no problem.

Almost four weeks elapsed and I received a call from chaparral informing me the ski's are done and I can pick them up. I should also mention that I live about a 45 minutes drive away from Chaparral without traffic.

So I load the trailer on the truck and drive down to retrieve my ski's. When I got there all hell broke loose. Namely by me!!!!

The very first thing I did was check fuel levels in both ski's My red ski was at half a tank and my blue ski was at 3/4. I immidiatly hit the roof and started cussing. The service manager came out told me to calm down and asked me what the problem was. I informed him that my ski's did not have the same amount of fuel in them as when I brought them in. He informed me that they (being chaparral) would not have any reason to drain the fuel or run the ski. I then asked if you did not run the ski or cyphon any fuel from the craft, then why am I short a combined 3/4 of a tank of fuel. The service manager just played dumb and kept stating they had no reason to take fuel from the vessel's. By this time I was really starting to get pissed. I was tired of the service maneger telling me it's not thier fault I am short of fuel. So to make a long story short, they agreed to top my ski's off.

As they are fuelling my ski's up, I started to inspect the skis. To my surprise I found that they left the drain plugs in and left the ski's outside in the rain uncovered. Buy this time I was furrious. I cant remeber the last time I was this angry. We had three days of substantial rain. The ski's both had about 4 - 5 inches of water flooded inside of the hulls. I pointed this out to the service manager and again he played the dumb act. I could have strangled him. (Please see video's) I let the service manager know that the only time my ski's see daylight is when it's over 90 degrees outside and I take them out. Otherwise they stay covered up and stored in my garage. He proceded to tell me that they do not have the room inside to store the ski's and they were moved outside. I asked why they where not covered. I got the same old "dumb" act again.

So now that my blood pressure is higher then a giraff's ass, I blow it. I asked for the manger of Chapparal (whom was conveviently in a meeting) to come down and see this for himself. Since he did not come down. I insisted that they take the ski's back, drain them both and clean the hulls. You should have seen the look I got it was PRICELESS!!!! I was told they would have to keep the ski's over night again. I was fine with that.

Now getting back to The head manager. I stopped by his office (he was no longer in a meeting) and I gave him an earfull. He appologised and asked what I wanted. I said I wanted my ski's returned to me in the exact same condition that they were brought in. He said he would look into what happened ( I am sure he just wanted me gone.)

Now having read all this, do you think I over-reacted? What would my fellow ski owners have done had it been thier ski?

Thanks for reading........Sorry for venting.

Mike
    Attached Files Attached Files

+1
    Mike - Go back and read your post. I would be embarassed to admit all of that.

+1
    They were not in the right, that's for sure. However, blowing your stack isn't the right response until you've exhausted all reasonable means. A lesson learned for the next visit - make sure you stipulate how the skis are to be returned to you (condition you left them) and make sure you have them make note of anything special on the repair ticket ie: fuel level.

I've seen this kind of treatment a number of times. It seems like the boat dealers treat PWCs as second-class citizens.

MrBtd.... I dont get it. What / why would you be embarressed to admit and post my experience??? Can you elaborate a little for me?

Ziggy.... I know I should not have blown my top, but I spent about $130.00 filling my tanks up just to have some A**hole practicaly call me a liar. I expected a little better service from them.

the whole deal was bad! if you were going in for a recall and had an appointment then they ordered parts? well that sucks The fuel issue? I don't know how I would react but the watter in the hull would have set me off! and there isn't anything they can do to make it right! I guess feel lucky they did not put a huge scratch in it and then play dumb! Z

+1
    If my boats sat outside for 4 weeks uncovered I would be more pissed then that.

Where the hell did the fuel go? Did you check the hours?? Did the service writer log it? Check the paper work.

If some dimwit tech rode my $20,000+ worth of toys and put them up wet and in the sun my Blood pressure would have gone into stroke range.

+1
    I would have been furious as well, and I think this type of behavior by dealers is unbelievable and unacceptable ... but, it is very common unfortunately. Your experience was totally unfair to you, but it happens very often ... and is why I NEVER take or leave my skis at a dealership. I KNOW this type of treatment is very common ... no idea why they think they can get away with trashing customers' skis, but they do it alot. I know you had no choice, had to have the dealer do the recall work ...

I don't get it, can you imagine if you took your convertible BMW Z3/4(or other convertible car) to the dealer, and they did some minor work, then left it outside, unlocked with the top and windows down for 3 weeks??? I just don't understand why so many PWC dealerships are run so poorly ...

I know they did not run the ski's.... They both had 16 hours on them when I dropped them off, they had 16 hours when I picked them up. I think what happened was their minimum wage techniciaons cyphoned some fuel to put into thier car because gas is so high. They were hoping I would not notice. Well guess what, I noticed.

+1
    Thats good news they didn't get thrashed on.

Still thats 30 days in the sun. Thats about how many days mine are in the sun per year!! When I'm riding of course.

I think we need some kind of locking gas cap for our skis. But I would be more pissed about the water. Was the seat left off?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information