Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Whats the fastest speed you have ever come off of a ski?

I sped up the learning curve on my new ski yesterday when I was pitched off at about 70 on the GPS! I now know what likely caused it and can move on to faster speeds but I'm a little sore this morning!

Whats the fastest you have come off of a ski?

+1
    If you think it was stock intake grate... read this post on how to properly modify for maximum performance.
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...e+grate+modify

My stock grate tossed me at 72 mph and its a very violent dismount over the handlebars. Yesterday I was tossed off at 96 mph ( I think unfortunately I hold record for highspeed gpr dismounts ) and it didnt hurt as bad as when the stock grate tossed me.

Glad to hear your ok, but be careful... If you have stock grate, know that it has been known to break legs, dislocate shoulders and injure back.

ofcourse you know all this I am just putting forth a reminder for new people who stumble across this thread

72 MPH. Racing another ski and not paying attention to the cruiser waves in front of me. I got very lucky, when i came down i hit water and not the ski.

+1
    No it wasn't the intake grate, this was on a 04 XLT that has Jims full handling package done to it... I let off the throttle too fast after a run and when that big ass hull came off plane the chines grabbed the water and got real squirly. I'm gonna put on the Riva Sponsons I have to help keep it tracking straight when the hull sets back down in the water.

96!!! Glad you are Ok!

+1
    65 mph on my Polaris Pro 785. WOT and took a turn around the bouy. The ski took a left and I took a right.

+1
    Some of you guys may correct me, but it sounds like a version of bow steering that got you. Those waveraiders were very bad about it, and I think thats what happens with stock grate causes overstuffing , lifts tail and steers on bow.

I am sure some guys in the know will chime in with exactly leading cause was, but good to hear your ok

What do you think the fix is to keep from happening again ?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RUNWME View Post
    Some of you guys may correct me, but it sounds like a version of bow steering that got you. Those waveraiders were very bad about it, and I think thats what happens with stock grate causes overstuffing , lifts tail and steers on bow.

I am sure some guys in the know will chime in with exactly leading cause was, but good to hear your ok

What do you think the fix is to keep from happening again ?
    Sponsons, running less fuel to reduce the weight in the nose, staying farther back until the hull has set down and easing off the throttle not just letting off... we'll see how that all works first. Its just that the XLT isn't a speed hull like the GPR so it has some drawbacks like this and when you are pushing 74+ on a hull that is more of a cruiser shit tends to happen!

+1
    You better do something with the pump tunnel in that XLT if you are above 70. I know we dont hear/see allot of them cracking etc... But there are very few about 70.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbtd View Post
    You better do something with the pump tunnel in that XLT if you are above 70. I know we dont hear/see allot of them cracking etc... But there are very few about 70.
    Very true, I will probably Carbon Fiber it soon...

+1
    RUNWME,
    You were chunked off your ski at 96mph and your typing the next day? What happened!!!! And what gear where you wearing to prevent injury?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information