Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

In for recalls whats BACKORDERED?

Dropped my ski off 3 weeks ago. Last week I called for an update,as they never call me, and they said parts were ordered for a recall. What recall part takes over 3 weeks to currently get right now?

that would be a good question for the dealer that you dropped it off at. Have you asked them?

[quote=Red08Ultra250;548632]that would be a good question for the dealer that you dropped it off at. Have you asked them?[/quote

Good point. However, my dealer is probably like most of those on this board, the person who answers the phone has very little idea and unless I go over there no one knows what's going on

So before I blow my stack maybe someone else has had a similiar wait for recall parts?

[quote=efizjb;548639]
    Quote Originally Posted by Red08Ultra250 View Post
    that would be a good question for the dealer that you dropped it off at. Have you asked them?[/quote

Good point. However, my dealer is probably like most of those on this board, the person who answers the phone has very little idea and unless I go over there no one knows what's going on

So before I blow my stack maybe someone else has had a similiar wait for recall parts?
    Could it be the sparkplugs?

[quote=tubeman;548771]
    Quote Originally Posted by efizjb View Post

Could it be the sparkplugs?
    If it took 3 weeks to get spark plugs I would say the world is coming to an end.

I'm leaning towards the plugs. But I never received a recall notice for plugs. I figured because 2 sets had already been changed out, that I wouldn't fall under the recall.

Dealer told me "recall plugs" are different than the original plugs. I think Skip posted the 2008 plugs were same as 2007, so can't figure that out either.

Never can tell what's going on when at the dealer... It's like "we'll call you when it's done", but you you pick up up you can't figure out what was done from the workorder copy.

I've had all four of the recalls done to my ski at Champion and they called when the parts came in and I dropped off my ski and got it back two days later. They know I don't like my ski left outside, so they accommodate me as far as not keeping my ski any longer then they have too. I would call the dealer and ask for the dealership manager. David at Champion is the service writer and he seems pretty straight forward and if he doesn't know what's up he gets the machanic for you to talk too.

spark plugs are the same as 08. I ordered 3 sets from sparkplugs.com and got em 3 days later (came today).

Southcentral Pennsylvania Right next to lake Raystown
    Quote Originally Posted by Red08Ultra250 View Post
    spark plugs are the same as 08. I ordered 3 sets from sparkplugs.com and got em 3 days later (came today).
    Did you order all the same plugs? Do you think the Iridiums are worth a try.

dont know much about the iridiums. But I think I remember reading that they didnt work too good on these? anyways, my factory plugs looked fine at 10 hours, but I changed them anyways at the 10 hr service. Also I dont wanna mess with my 4 year warranty too much. I tried some super duper supposed bosch plugs in my cars before and nothing but problems, so I am sticking with factory spec plugs.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information