Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

acceleration?? Ultra or Rxp

anyone with a stock rxp ever race a stock kawi 250 ultra?? in glass.... im very curious how thier acceleration matches up? thanks

+1
    The RXP will walk away from the Ultra.

Chesapeake Bay, South River, Edgewater, MD
    Jerrys right my buddy has one and my rxp slowly walked away to about three or four lengths at 67 or so

Gotta disagree guys.......have riden both on glass same day....one ultra and three rxp,s(two 04,s stock, and one 06 stock), had all three ski,s by about 2 lengths out the hole, and was creepin away at top end. This is my first hand expierience, and all four of us swapped ski,s many times that day with the same results. Weight differance between us four was probably 2-3 stone, but ski,s still gave same results.. This was at Goaties up the end of Southampton docks, renowned for being like glass no matter what the weather.....My boat was also stock at the time, radar 66.7.

got to disagree as well...

That is I have also had first hand experience with racing a 250 ultra with my 04 STOCK RXP at the time. The Ultra wasn't far at low speeds but as we got up there in speed, I was pulling hard on him.

If you took a pole on races, I promise you will find that the RXP is the baddest (well RXPX now) ski on the water. Hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by English Bob View Post
    Gotta disagree guys.......have riden both on glass same day....one ultra and three rxp,s(two 04,s stock, and one 06 stock), had all three ski,s by about 2 lengths out the hole, and was creepin away at top end. This is my first hand expierience, and all four of us swapped ski,s many times that day with the same results. Weight differance between us four was probably 2-3 stone, but ski,s still gave same results.......My boat was also stock at the time, radar 66.7.

What was wrong with those rxp's that they couldn't...wouldn't run better than 67mph?

+1
    I have run against 2 different RXP's
    1 stock (when mine was stock) and 1 modified one. When I ran the stock one, he barely pulled me in the smooth water. We turned around and ran in about a 1 ft chop. I ate his lunch. It was not even close. When I ran the modded one, he beat me by about 4 boat lengths before we let off at about 70 or so. It was very smooth on the part of the lake we ran. When we got out in the middle of the lake were it was choppy, that big speed advantage went away.
    Last edited by Beagleman62; 02-25-2008 at 07:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rxpwhistler1 View Post
    That is I have also had first hand experience with racing a 250 ultra with my 04 STOCK RXP at the time. The Ultra wasn't far at low speeds but as we got up there in speed, I was pulling hard on him.

If you took a pole on races, I promise you will find that the RXP is the baddest (well RXPX now) ski on the water. Hands down.
    Whats that, 'wasn,t far' in front.......

As to the baddest...well I can only say it as I see it....
    Off on the 20th aniversary test day for the new doo,s in two weeks time in London, should be fun, but they won,t let me take me Ultra...
    I like both ski,s for there performance, but bought the Kawi cause it looks meaner....give us time with the mods wer,e gettin there.... slowly..

Quote Originally Posted by VaRedneck View Post
    What was wrong with those rxp's that they couldn't...wouldn't run better than 67mph?
    Nothin I guess, had one myself in 05, along with five mates...all around the same speed stock...Mine was radared at the time to be 67.2.They were all imported from the states from the same dealer in the same container....go figure.....

i have 07 rxp.. raced with 250 on glass and got beat by one length...Then jerry hooked me up with stage 1 and greenwheel, now i slap kawasakis around!!!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information