Installing supercharger

I just got my rebuilt supercharger back and it was a pain in the neck to put back in. I have taken it out several times and it slide in and out easily. I had it going in straight but it seems that the housing part that goes into the motor block was getting gald. I pulled it out and sanded down the high marks. I installed it again and it fought me all the way. No today I am thinking about if I damaged the o-rings and if I am going to have a leak. What do you think?
    I am going to get a hold of the dealer and see if he used someone elses housing instead of the one I brought him. It should not have been that hard. Thanks for any input

Peter

Peter,

I would not go messing around with sanding or altering anything. I have also had mine in and out numerous times and just like you, it sometimes gives me a fight and others it goes right in. Also try putting some grease around the area that goes into the PTO, that may also help.

Peter,

Very strange that it's that tight. Grease it up! One simple question. You do know that you need to spin the s/c wheel from the outside of the s/c to align the "jawz" so the unit will fit all the way in. If the clutch wheels are not lined up correctly the s/c will never fit in properly.

I realize this might be obvious, but I always need to do it to get the s/c that last 1/2".

Brendan

what are you guys using to grease it up...my shop manual calls for anti-sieze. I picked up some marine grade loctite anti-sieze, i'm hoping it's okay for this application

It was hard getting the supercharger in from the beginning. I did rotate the impeller to align the gears when it got down to that last half inch. I talked to the dealer and that was my original housing. So relantantly I will have to fight and pull it back out. I believe I may have galled more then I care to think about. Hopefully it will not be as bad as I am thinking

Peter

Thread Information