Thread: RidePlate?

RidePlate?

Okay, I saw the PDF in the rideplate thread about removing the rideplate. Does anyone have any pics to maybe help with this? Also looking for some reinstall info. Like what/where/ and how much sealant to use on the reinstall. I am wandering what hoses where being referenced when it said to remove the hoses from the plate? If I read it right. And how much coolant to put back in and which type of coolant? The PDF was okay but it just seemed vague to me. Sorry if I seem like a dumba** but I do very well with good instructions but hate ripping into things I am not very sure about. Thanks for any help.

Nobody? I know people are removing these things.

TTT

Okay well personally I have never removed a rideplate although I do plan on it sometime in the near future. For knowing where to re-apply sealant I would just re-seal the plate everywhere there was sealant when you took it apart. (don't be scared to use too much)

There are two hoses which have to be disconnected in the rear of the ski where the coolant enters and exits the rideplate for the cooling process. They are easy to spot once you get back in there. Drain the coolant first by removing the hex screw in the rear of the plate. Make sure when draining the fluid you pop the cap off of the overflow container.

After that follow the instructions you have. Like I said I haven't tackled this project yet.

When it is completely re-assembled, leave the hex screw out of the rear of the rideplate and place a clean oil pan underneath of it to catch the "fresh coolant" as it flows out. You will need 2-3 gallons for this process. Once the coolant flows from the rear plug with no air bubbles (you will be able to tell easy by sounds and the strength flow exiting the plug hole) screw the hex screw back in and fill the overflow container according to markings.

After running 1-3 times check the coolant and add accordingly. This will get you real close to the amount of coolant you need to run safely. Make sure you run coolant safe for aluminum engine blocks.

Good Luck!

Thanks for the info. I am thinking if I do this I might take pics and try to post them for anyone else to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Suthrn View Post
    Thanks for the info. I am thinking if I do this I might take pics and try to post them for anyone else to use.
    That would be very cool for those of us planning to do it sometime down the road.

Thread Information