Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

newbie Polaris MSX 140 HO

I have had this ski for a while now and want to make some mods to it but dont know what works good.. I saw an article about a cooling rail mod and was wondering if it wont effect anything else if i do it.. But im open to any suggestions....Can anyone help me??

Welcome to the HULK!!!!!!!!!!!

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome to the hulk. Do you have any mods done at all? What are you looking to improve? Top speed? Acceleration? Handling? Need a little more info please.... Any pics of it?

SPEED KILLS, BUT YOU GET THERE QUICKER Keddano's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome to the Hulk, Take a look over in the MSX/MATRIX side of this great forum.
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=132
    Kick back and do some reading.And you'll get a good idea what does need to be done and what may help. The MSX 140 1200 DI motor is limited to what can be done for performance because of the controlling of the Injectors. We do have some of the best Experts of the MSX lines on here. So you'll find your answers here. Let's see some pictures of the Baby!

I guess that was really general...Im looking to improve top speed and acceleration if possible...handiling is good on the msx... Dont have any modifications or pics of it right now because its in storage..I actually have two of them and i noticed last season my top speed rpm range was lower than normal on both of them..One ski just quit running one day also.. just bogged down never to start again..Im thinking its either a bad ground or the stator...But the engine wont turn over...So im at a complete loss on that ski...I just hope my motor didnt sieze...even though it gives me the oppurtunity to build one sick ass ski...Any suggestions

SPEED KILLS, BUT YOU GET THERE QUICKER Keddano's Avatar
    +1
    eNILE8,I'm doing a MSX 150 project.The motor was shot in it,so I'm going with the 1200 Engine.But will be carbed not injected. Here's the Link
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=48356
    It will be sporting a new ported MSX 140 long block,cut domes,46mm Blackjack carbs,and single pipe,recurved CDI. Looking for maybe in the 180 hp range.
    Were are you located?

100 MILES OF HEAVEN AND I AM SMACK IN THE MIDDLE KEYZBUM's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by eNILE8 View Post
    ...I just hope my motor didnt sieze...even though it gives me the oppurtunity to build one sick ass ski...
    GREAT WAY TO LOOK AT THINGS
    YOU WILL FIT IN GREAT HERE--ohh and WELCOME TO GREENHULK
    WE CAN ALWAYS USE ANOTHER SICK ASS...... "MOTOR" THAT IS J/K
    WELCOME AND ENJOY
    mattman

+1
    I'd also like to say WELCOME to the Green Hulk Forums!!

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome to the Hulk!

How much time/money are you thinking about putting into your MSX140's, performance wise?

Converting from Fitch fuel injection to carburetors is a lot more work than just fixing whatever needs fixing on the stock MSX140 engine.

There are a few things you can do to ensure the Fitch system is working at its best, such as adjusting the TPS (Throttle Position Sensor) for 100% output at full throttle. Checking the actual throttle opening vs. thumb control, etc.

Do a search; there are some upgrade impeller options, maybe change the intake grate.

Maybe some little tweak things, like indexing the spark plugs (not even sure that applies to the MSX heads)...

Lucky for me i have two msx so time is on my side money doesnt really worry me. I have thought of a new intake grate but i ride on a dirty river and would worrry about sucking something up into my pump if the grate was opend up anymore. Im interested in a carb convertion but do i have to change the exahust... to triples or... And how do i get the computer re mapped and if so why cant you just adjust the fuel curve on the injectors??? I am more familiar with cars, and a fuel injection system on a car is fully programable but a car is a four stroke..This is why im so confused on what i can and cant do on the DI motor...I read all these forums on mods but no one says where to get these things and all the others say it doesnt do much or it wont work..who to believe....

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information