Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1

Anybody have some connections on buying a new car?

Figured I'd ask... haha...

i spent over 20 hours this weekend car shopping for my mother... the incentives suck, the leasing programs suck, it's jsut outragoues...

we're looking in the kinda mid-range affordable SUV/crossover category... cars priced in the upper 20k range... and the lease payments and prices coming back are more money than what i paid for my LOADED GMC Envoy

just doesn't make sense... $400+ per month for 36 months for cars that are 28k? ford had the best money factor and interest rate on the leases, 2250 in rebates... but it's still expensive..

hyundai thinks they are selling a Benz with their prices

a freaken Chevy equinox... kinda the poor mans trailblazer, a nice SUV with good options for a decent price... over 400 a month? gimme a break..

what is going on in that industry... prices are pretty rough... i understand the stuff very well since i work in sales myself so i get these guys coming back with figures and i'm computing money factors and residuals and deprecaition fees and finances fees right in front of them and telling them what my payment should be and then they kinda change their tune and we become buddies, little professional courtesy since we're in the same business... but the prices are still outrageous...

so anyone have any tips on a good lease program out there? inside connections with GM, or Ford, or hyundai?

i'm at a loss of what to do... i got a tremendously good deal on my Envoy so i guess take everything and compare it to that and nothing seems like a good deal... but tell me, would you pay 390-400 bucks a month for a 3 year lease on a hyundai? on a 28,000 dollar ford? or pay 390+ on a stupid little chevy equinox?

i'm working with leaving the usual tax, title, tags, 1st payment up front....

i also have a trade that's going in valued at appx $7k

advice? connections?

+1

Cool

LMAO,,,,a chevyenvoy?for trade. Resale sucks.

1ST: Buy smart
    2ND: Buy cause YOU want it
    3RD: no you got a car,,,no need to buy
    4TH: DONT LEASE
    5TH: your the man
    6th: there are sooo many deals now,,,,,,its too easy to buy a car with credit
    7TH: Buy a ZO6,,,,they are the man,,,,,,,,,,unless,,,,,u want me to smoke your ass and bring you down to EARTH,,,thats the 3rd rock from the sun,,,where I live

+1
    the equinox and trailblazer are two complete different platforms and dont share to much in common. the equinox had a very odd seating arrangement and made me feel uncomfortable. it was alright car but just not for me.

my best suggestion is to a) buy a left over there are awesome deals to be had on left overs i bought a brand new 34k truck two years ago for 25k because they wanted it off the lot. b) buy a car thats one year old can save you some cash to and if your looking into chevys that will give you 2 years on the bumper to bumper and what ever miles and 4 years on the power train.

Hoss why in every thread to you have to talk crap? especially how you can beat every thing ever one has. no one cares

This is why you never buy new cars, dumbest idea, you pay to much and they dont keep their value. Just buy a nice 1-3 year old car.

Obsessive Compulsive ;)
    +1
    A few tips here on my end...

1. Stay away from American. The depreciation is criminal.
    2. Leasing is fine IF YOU GET A GOOD deal.
    3. Leasing is directly related to depreciation values. That's why your above quotes are retarded expensive. Because they depreciate so hard.
    4. If you can squeeze in some more budget, BMW leases are the most attractive around and they pay EVERYTHING during the lease. Even wiper blades and oil. (I have a BMW lease for a $26k car and pay $299 a month)
    5. If buying, look into Toyota. They last forever. Sounds like a Highlander or a RAV4 is right up her alley. Seriously, in ten years, you'll spend nothing on repairs, just regular (cheap) maintenance and it will be like the first day. The American stuff starts falling apart after a few years.
    6. Agreed on the used stuff. New is only if you MUST have the new smell or you are paranoid about abuse. You can even lease used cars.
    7. Certified Pre-Owned cars are a GOOD deal. Lexus for example gives you 3 years and 100k miles with a CPO car. Very good deal for a fantastic machine.

Just some thoughts from my direct experiences. No hearsay.

Good luck! And yes, stay picky. You have a good buyer attitude. Don't let them bully you into a bad deal.

+1
    Wanna buy my Lightning?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by CleanSC View Post
    A few tips here on my end...

1. Stay away from American. The depreciation is criminal.
    2. Leasing is fine IF YOU GET A GOOD deal.
    3. Leasing is directly related to depreciation values. That's why your above quotes are retarded expensive. Because they depreciate so hard.
    4. If you can squeeze in some more budget, BMW leases are the most attractive around and they pay EVERYTHING during the lease. Even wiper blades and oil. (I have a BMW lease for a $26k car and pay $299 a month)
    5. If buying, look into Toyota. They last forever. Sounds like a Highlander or a RAV4 is right up her alley. Seriously, in ten years, you'll spend nothing on repairs, just regular (cheap) maintenance and it will be like the first day. The American stuff starts falling apart after a few years.
    6. Agreed on the used stuff. New is only if you MUST have the new smell or you are paranoid about abuse. You can even lease used cars.
    7. Certified Pre-Owned cars are a GOOD deal. Lexus for example gives you 3 years and 100k miles with a CPO car. Very good deal for a fantastic machine.

Just some thoughts from my direct experiences. No hearsay.

Good luck! And yes, stay picky. You have a good buyer attitude. Don't let them bully you into a bad deal.
    Well said, smart man.

I HATE CARS But id have to agree with clean on this.Do not buy american .Sorry guys we suck in this department.Its a fact.Good luck toyota is a nice selection IMO...

a buddy of mine just picked up a nissan altima for his daughter. he put 3500 down and pays like 175 a month.i thought it was real nice for that cheap..

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by fullboogie View Post
    Wanna buy my Lightning?

what color, how many miles, and how much...

here's the thing... this is for my mom...

HOWEVER... i am ITCHING to get out of my lease on my car which isn't for another 13 months... if i can sell my mom's car privately and give her the money for that, and then she take over my lease.. i would GLADLY!!!!! go get myself a lightning

so my ears are perked fullboogie... i have no idea what year truck u got so i can't even say if it's affordable for me or not.. let me know in a PM if ur serious

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information