Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

HELP...Supercharger blowing oil (updated Pics)

Well I am the same person that had a hard time putting in the supercharger last night. Anyway it is in and I figured I would see if it leaks. So I started the ski up(first time after the winter really) and let it run for about 4 minutes. I had the outlet of the riva intercooler(air side) still disconnected. After about 3 -4 minutes a whole lot of oil was coming out. So i figured that I must have messed something up when I put in the supercharger.....BUT that does make sense...There should only be an outside leak of the o-rings were messed up. SO i took off the hose that is in the front that goes to the air intake(I believe this is the hose that would get connected to a catch can?) And that whole hose was filled with oil. So i figured that they maybe the problem. So I disconnected the inlet to the s/c and the outlet. I ran the ski for about a minute and it is still blowing oil. Could there be more residual oil in there?? I will go out in a little bit and run it again and see if it clears up. But I would like some input while I let things cool down. Thanks again for the help...Go figure...I work in a nuke plant and can do great things...one little ski(my first 4 stroke is kicking my ass). thanks

Peter

+1
    Sounds like your oil was overfilled and your intake tract is full of oil.

Get your oil level right and install a catch can.

New problem....Was running the ski to blow out some of the oil with both hoses disconnected from the s/c and after about 30 seconds the s/c let out a whine that scared the crap out of me. I believe that the impeller may have impacted on the inside. I don't know. I have the s/c on the bench and will open it tomorrow. Jerry if there is something major I am just going to send it to you and I am sure that you could take care of it. Is there something that the dealer did wrong?? It seems that the shaft has a little bit of play?? Remind you this is a rebuilt 06 spec shaft s/c with .0000001 hours on it

Thanks

peter

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    the supercharger is on the bench now?

the gear is still there, and both ceramics are still there, right?

+1
    i dont mind looking at it for you, but i think it would be better that you bring it back to the dealer. that way if they screwed up they are liable.

Everything is on it(gear, clutches)...I am starting to take it apart now...more to follow

Peter

here are the pics of the inside...as you could see the front cover is scrashed on the one side and the impeller is also worn. What could have caused this? How should I fix it. The dealer is not going to put on a new aftermarket s/c wheel.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dsc02579_120.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	576.4 KB 
ID:	3756  

another pic...is there a way to safe the s/c impeller?

thanks for the help

Peter
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dsc02580_212.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	562.1 KB 
ID:	3757   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dsc02579_155.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	576.4 KB 
ID:	3758  

What was bad? the impeller? the shaft? the bearings? something is out of whack!...
    If the sc impeller is true and doesn`t spin wobbly, I don`t see why you couldn`t re-use it with close inspection for hair line cracks or something...PR...

I believe that something got into the sc. It is no longer there. But whatever it was it made a groove between the housing and the impeller. There are a couple of high spots on the front of the s/c housing. I could just sand them down and be good. I may lose some performance. The s/c impeller has about 1/4" marks all around the outside circumfrence of the impeller. You could see it in the pics. I am just worried about at high rmp's if that is going to cause a problem. I would like to just get a new s/c front housing(maybe I will steal your's Pale Rider...I know where it is ) only kidding...Derrick was the one that rebuilt my s/c so I know that yours is still there. So what does everyone thing about my idea of sanding the high spots away on the housing. Any advice would be great. thanks

Peter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information