Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Wink Thanks From "newbie" River Boy

THANKS TO ALL ON THE RESPONSE ON MY FIRST POST. THE MOTOR SEEMS TO BE A GO. COMPRESSION CHECKED GOOD ON ALL CYLINDERS(120-125). IT LOOKS LIKE IM READY TO INVEST. GONNA ORDER SOME CARB KITS AND A NEW FUEL PUMP. THE PREVIOUS OWNER LET IT FLIP UP ON THE TRAILER AND IT BROKE THE STEERING CONE. THEY PULLED THE PUMP APART AND THEN LET IT SIT UP FOR 6 YEARS SO THE FUEL SYSTEM NEEDS A COMPLETE OVERHAUL. IT WILL START AND RUN WITH A BOAT BULB PRESSURING FUEL IN BUT WONT RUN WITHOUT IT. PULLED ONE CARB DOWN AND BOTH JETS WERE FROZE UO AND DIAPHRAM LOOKS RUFF SO I FIGURE I SHOULD START THERE BEFORE I SPEND ANY COIN ON THE PUMP. I GAVE $2OO.OO FOR IT AND A NICE TRAILER.DEAL OR NO DEAL? SOUND LIKE SOMETHING WORTH IONVESTING IN? THANKS AGAIN FOR THE WELCOMES AND ADVICE.

Good deal Riverboy!!

Sounds like a good deal to me. How 'bout some pictures? If only the steering nozzle broke, I wonder why the pump was all taken apart? I've read on here somewhere (don't ask me where ) that you can get the replacement bearings to go in the pump for just alittle bit at a bearing house as opposed to buying bearings specifically for polaris pump. Might be worth checking out.

SPEED KILLS, BUT YOU GET THERE QUICKER Keddano's Avatar
    +1
    Before you start pulling the carbs apart.Go to Harbor Freight and buy there small HAND IMPACT DRIVER.Cost about 5 bucks,but it will keep you from twisting the heads off the screws were it'll be a Beotch to ever get them out. Do a quick search under my name,I posted pictures and the part # about 8 months ago. You got a Great Deal, Trailer is worth that.

Great Question, This Boat Was At A Boatbuilders Shop And When I Got It Home And Started Piecing It Together I Noticed That The Nozzle Pump Was Missing. The Guy I Bought It From Said One Of His Workers Had Pulled It Apart And Wasnt Sure Why He Broke It All Down When Just The Steering Nozzle Was Broke. My Guess Is His Worker Sold The Nozzle Pump. Thats Why Im Gonna Make Sure I Can Get The Motor Right Before I Start Buying Pump Parts. I Have The Cone Pump ,shaft , And Stator Pump And Impeller And The Bearings Seem O.k.. Do You Know If The Shaft Just Slides Back Up Thru The Seals For Reassembly ?

Great Idea Had A Tough Time On The First One

SPEED KILLS, BUT YOU GET THERE QUICKER Keddano's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by RIVER BOY View Post
    Great Question, This Boat Was At A Boatbuilders Shop And When I Got It Home And Started Piecing It Together I Noticed That The Nozzle Pump Was Missing. The Guy I Bought It From Said One Of His Workers Had Pulled It Apart And Wasnt Sure Why He Broke It All Down When Just The Steering Nozzle Was Broke. My Guess Is His Worker Sold The Nozzle Pump. Thats Why Im Gonna Make Sure I Can Get The Motor Right Before I Start Buying Pump Parts. I Have The Cone Pump ,shaft , And Stator Pump And Impeller And The Bearings Seem O.k.. Do You Know If The Shaft Just Slides Back Up Thru The Seals For Reassembly ?
    If your referring to the drive shaft seal thru-hull the answer is yes. Take a picture of all you pump parts laid out so we can tell if you have evertything.
    There are 2 rubber bumpers that fit on each end of the driveshaft,make sure you have them or get some.

Quote Originally Posted by Keddano View Post
    If your referring to the drive shaft seal thru-hull the answer is yes. Take a picture of all you pump parts laid out so we can tell if you have evertything.
    There are 2 rubber bumpers that fit on each end of the driveshaft,make sure you have them or get some.
    DANO, I WILL GET PICS SOON BUT SINCE I DO NOT HAVE THE NOZZLE PUMP IM NOT SURE WHAT I NEED. LOOKING AT THE PARTS BREAKDOWN ON LINE IT LOOKS LIKE TWO TUBES EXIT THE NOZZLE PUMP AND GO INTO THE BOAT. WHICH ON MY BOAT THE HOSES ARE STICKING OUT. I FOUND A COMPLETE ASSEMBLY FOR A 94 SL 750 0N EBAY (25021817042 BUT DO NOT SEE THESE TUBE ON IT. DOES YOUR 94 HAVE THE TUBES? ALSO WHATS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN AN SL AND AN SLT?

+1
    The tubes are for the bilge siphon some have one others have two. All pump parts from 1994-2004 are interchangeable. Circle or point to the main parts you need in the diagram.

+1
    Nice buy River Boy, post up some photo's.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information