Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Call me crazy, but traded in my vic...

I had to look ahead and realize that I will be working far from home for probably any good job in my field/trade. So have been kicking around the idea of getting a more fuel efficient car (no hybrids). But the replacement vehicle would have to kick some serious a$$ and be appealing enough for me to keep this one the full term. We couldn`t decide what would be worth swapping to, since the crown vic is a very comfortable cruiser, but at slower speeds and in around town traffic is sucked the gas down. It got the best mileage when at speed, but still not good enough for the long haul and the uncertainty of rising fuel costs.

So, I stumbled upon the VW web site and saw the new 2006 GTI turbo, I originally wanted the 6 speed stick, but the wifey wanted the auto, said she would drive this one, when I needed the truck to tow the ski. She did not like the vic as far as her using it for any lengh of time or distance. After comparing prices and options with other equally priced cars, we chose to take a test ride in the VW GTI, well needless to say, we brought it home. Should get over 30 miles per gallon when driven normally.
    I have to admit these Germans know how to build a car. This GTI handles like it is on rails and the faster you go the more grip and road feel it has. Very please. The options in the GTI are endless, something which our vic lacked....PR...
    Last edited by Pale Rider; 02-25-2007 at 12:02 PM.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    congrats Andy! looks sweet, probably has some decent balls to it, no?

sorry i been quiet and unresponsive to some of ur PMs... workin like crazy 16 hour days lately myself.

Best of luck with it... we'll hang out again soon. When ya gettin the ski back?

Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485
    When ya gettin the ski back?
    Any day now , I give`em a call tomorrow!

Thanks Steve, This car is insane quick.
    It was the only one at the dealer, and the dealer is the only one around our area. This particular car was sent by VW to promote it`s sale so it was driven from one dealer to another to a select group of salesmen could look at it and drive it. I wasn`t real worried, the salesman who did the deal was sent to a seminar in Las vegas on the new 2006 GTI.

The salesman`s quote was, you would never shift a manual tranny as quick as this new DSG tranny, He`s right! ...PR...

I like it!

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    Andy.... you should SEEN the power my GMC Envoy put out today. I was pissed for personal reasons, driving from somewhere and i was sittin at a red light, i was the first car. Was thinking about something that pissed me off, it was raining, i was right on the white lines for the crosswalks....

you know the rest...

i f'n ROASTED those tires for a solid 30 seconds in the middle of traffic down to the floor. Not a single person left fo the green light until i finally let off a little and went on my way... rather quickly on my way so no one would catch up, lol..... it was pretty funny, i had to call my buddy because usually i can only smoke my tires in reverse and he makes fun of me, haha.

.... as we speak i'm on the internet lookin at cars, something with some more balls to it, and fun to drive.... that little car looks like it would be fun tossing around locally beatin on it.

+1
    I drive allot and bought a VW Jetta TDI and I just love the thing.
    They make great cars.

+1
    As a former VW service writer I can tell you that the TDI is the best motor VW makes.

+1
    Nice car.....my favorite color for a vehicle too

J3ff
    Quote Originally Posted by HOSS
    As a former VW service writer I can tell you that the TDI is the best motor VW makes.
    you cant be serious

Ya German engineering In the house Congrats Andy

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information