Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1

Are the 08 and 07 RXP ECUs interchangeable?

Seem to be getting different answers depending who you ask.

To my knowledge, nothing electronically was changed on the 08 models from 07... so if that was in fact the case, the ECUs would be interchangeable.... just like 04 and 05 ECUs are interchangeable.

Anyone know the inside scoop and know the answers for sure?

Mainly looking to know if a 2008 Rotax Racing ECU would work with a 2007 watercraft...

a Riva spokesperson claims that 2008 is a totally different beast and absolutely not you can't put an 07 ECU on a 2008 machine

+1
    from 07 to 08 models... and 08 including the X series and regular 215 models...

it's same camshaft - so no diff in lift or duration or engine timing to compensate for
    same head and same valvetrain stuff

now we know the fuel injectors are different from 215 HP from 255 HP

also... the ECUs are different from 215 to 255 HP for 2008

... but what kind of baffles me is that the 07 215 motor and the 08 215 motor have different ECU part numbers... why, i have no idea, that's what has me puzzled...

can anyone else speculate why this would be or know exactly why they changed the 215 ECU from last year to this year?

i'm trying to go over the electrical systems and sensors to see what input or output of the ECU would be different to warrant them having a new ECU for the 08 215 motor

+1
    It took a new buds program just to program the key.

+1
    just kind of doing my own checklist here of what is identical and universal across the entire 215 / 255 platforms... dont mind me thinking out loud trying to find that difference that either exists or does not exist

idle bypass
    TPS
    temp sensor
    map

07 215 throttle body is DIFFERENT part number from a 08 215 throttle body.. so far they dont supercede to each other as interchangeable...
    Last edited by Shibby1485; 02-26-2008 at 08:36 PM.

+1
    in the pto cover

same trigger wheel
    same crank sensors

same engine wiring harness - so we know they didn't add or take away or relocate any sensors on the head or intake manifold from 07 to 08

+1
    ok... difference...

07 215 has a different Camshaft position sensor than the 08 215 ... again, SO FAR no signs of a superceded part number showing that they are identical, but it COULD be a late update eventually...

+1
    oh ya... and if someone reading this knows the answer already and your just watching me waste my time and laughing at me... ur a dickhead

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485 View Post
    oh ya... and if someone reading this knows the answer already and your just watching me waste my time and laughing at me... ur a dickhead

I thought you we're imitating Ried? Or Hoss? ! man thread.

Question for you... how much timing does the 255 drop above 8100?

+1
    LOL...

no clue on stock ECU ignition timing whatsoever

+1
    well i'm at a standstill.... BRP has yet to post part numbers on the whole electrical system for the 08 215 models...

however... they did post part numbers for the ENTIRE X series paltform for every part on the ski...

so when comparing a 2007 215 ski to a 2008 255 ski... here's some different part numbers i encountered...

different gauge cluster
    different steering harness
    different main harness (basically the big harness that runs all your electronics and accessores and goes from the fuse box to everything else...

why such a different between a 07 215 and a 08 255 for the gauge clusters and main harnesses? ... bear in mind, the engine harnesses are the same.. but the electrical accessory harness is not, which really has nothing to do with EMS... aside from things like the DESS post wiring which ties into the ECU

why a different gauge cluster part # ... the X series skis have a white face gauge... is that the only difference, a white face? ... or is it different in more ways than jsut that?

why a different electrical harness in the 08 RXP X versus the 07 RXP... are the VTS systems different in someway with the preset memory VTS stuff?

the differences from what i see at this point are very subtle, and the differences are mainly accessory related, not EMS/ECU related since everthing on the motor, sensors, engine harness are the same... aside from an oddball new throttle body and new Cam sensor?

intriguing... this is going to bug me until i know exactly what and why... or until someone else takes an 08 ECU and slaps it on an 07 and sees how it reacts to it just by putting the key on and see if u get any error codes or something...

sure would be nice if a RXp-X rotax Racing 8800 rpm rev limit ECU worked on a 2007 ski

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information