Thread: 10 hr service

10 hr service

How important it is to have a dealer do this. Is it really just a glorified oil change? My main question is, does the MPEM memory have any indication if it was done by a dealer. In other words, does the dealer reset something in the MPEM showing that it was done, and if not voiding the warantee. This is pertaing to an 06 RXT. I am not sure if the computers have changed from previous years.

+1
    I would like to know also

+1

Re: 10 hr service

Quote Originally Posted by chris2879
    How important it is to have a dealer do this. Is it really just a glorified oil change? My main question is, does the MPEM memory have any indication if it was done by a dealer. In other words, does the dealer reset something in the MPEM showing that it was done, and if not voiding the warantee. This is pertaing to an 06 RXT. I am not sure if the computers have changed from previous years.
    you can do your own oil change. in my experience the "maintenance" flashing on the info screen will not go away until you bring it to the dealer

+1
    It's usually a 2 hour service and can price can range from $100 to $250. Besides the oil change they also check nuts, bolts and other fasteners along with a computer check. I'd recommend you take in the first time then learn how to do your own oil change, keeping proof that you changed the oil at proper intervals. You should also consider changing the oil more often than the specified interval.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    there's no memory or record of whether the 10 hour service was done or not...

the single solitary thing i like about having a machine brought to a dealer once in awhile is the computer check on BUDS. it'll show ever active and occurred fault that the machine record, will show the entire RPM profile and bar graphs of performance and time spent in each RPM range. it's just something fun to look at, and paper proof that the machine is in good health.

other than that, u can bet yo ass nothing else is going on but new plugs, oil change, filter change, and a glance around things... the pump usually gets pulled just to check out the wear ring and pump grease...

whether or not u HAVE to or SHOULD bring it in to the dealer is up to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485
    there's no memory or record of whether the 10 hour service was done or not...

the single solitary thing i like about having a machine brought to a dealer once in awhile is the computer check on BUDS. it'll show ever active and occurred fault that the machine record, will show the entire RPM profile and bar graphs of performance and time spent in each RPM range. it's just something fun to look at, and paper proof that the machine is in good health.

other than that, u can bet yo ass nothing else is going on but new plugs, oil change, filter change, and a glance around things... the pump usually gets pulled just to check out the wear ring and pump grease...

whether or not u HAVE to or SHOULD bring it in to the dealer is up to you.
    Yeap!!!

Spend the money on a manual and do it yourself.

+1
    I just ordered my manuals today 2 books 75.00 Riva wanted 114

Thread Information