Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

New Riva Free Flow Exhaust For Rxt

Hey guys just wanted to share with all who may be on the fence on drilling a hole in the hull vs getting this new free flow exhaust. Let me assure you that it sounds freakin awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WICKED!!! You will not be disappointed with this.

I just got my S3, 42 lb injectors, XS intercooler, riva 3" intake, riva grate and free flow exhaust mounted up and bolted down. Its gonna be in the upper 70's in SCAL tomorrow so I am eager to get out there and test all of the new goods. I know I'll be all over the limiter as my new prop hasn't arrived as of yet. But it should give me a great baseline at to what the mods have done.

I'll report back after testing.

+1
    if you could post a sound clip of your new exaust that would be great, thanks

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinoy View Post
    Hey guys just wanted to share with all who may be on the fence on drilling a hole in the hull vs getting this new free flow exhaust. Let me assure you that it sounds freakin awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WICKED!!! You will not be disappointed with this.

I just got my S3, 42 lb injectors, XS intercooler, riva 3" intake, riva grate and free flow exhaust mounted up and bolted down. Its gonna be in the upper 70's in SCAL tomorrow so I am eager to get out there and test all of the new goods. I know I'll be all over the limiter as my new prop hasn't arrived as of yet. But it should give me a great baseline at to what the mods have done.

I'll report back after testing.
    Ok, I will be in this process with my T-X. Kinda wanting to keep it stock looking. I have a few questions.
    1)What year is your rxt 08 or older, not that it really matters?
    2)Are you running stock water box or gutted box?
    3)Do you notice any bad resonance between 2,500 to 4,500 rpm? It is a noise like a deep vibration that hurts the ears. once you get to plane it goes away. This was a problem with some of the earlier free flow.
    4)If you have every heard someones riva thru hull, how does it compare in sound?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by skoepp View Post
    Ok, I will be in this process with my T-X. Kinda wanting to keep it stock looking. I have a few questions.
    1)What year is your rxt 08 or older, not that it really matters?
    2)Are you running stock water box or gutted box?
    3)Do you notice any bad resonance between 2,500 to 4,500 rpm? It is a noise like a deep vibration that hurts the ears. once you get to plane it goes away. This was a problem with some of the earlier free flow.
    4)If you have every heard someones riva thru hull, how does it compare in sound?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts
    1)RXT is an 07

2)Stock water box

3)What I noticed was that when in the water, it is actually pretty quiet while idling, noticeably louder but not intrusive or annoying. Slightly louder than stock, but most would probably not even know that the baffles were taken out or that the exhaust was changed. However when blipping the throttle or depressing the accelerator even a tiny bit, any hopes of having a "sleeper" goes out the window, you get a nice DEEP rumble that sounds freakin awesome. I did not experience any bad resonance to speak of. Just a nice rumble. Very nice. I am extremely happy with it.

4)I have only heard the Riva through hull via sound clips provided via this site. I haven't heard it in person. So I probably couldn't provide accurate feedback. When I first started it after the changes were made it was on the trailer, with the seats off. I got a nice deep rumble while idling and when blipping the throttle it was a nice deep sound that was actually intimidating. It was loud enough for my neighbor to come out and ask what the heck did I do to it because it sounds bad ass! I would dare to say that the sound is similar to the through hull but no way to know for sure unless I had them side by side. With the seats on, the exhaust is much quiter but still AWESOME.

It would have been nice to do the upgrades in stages, exhaust, intercooler, charger to see what the improvements were. Doing them all at once you just get an instant "BANG!!!!! Followed by H-O-L-Y C-R-A-P this thing is ridiculous. LOL Being that my 14/19R has not arrived yet, I was WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYY under propped, as any attempts for full throttle yielded INSTANT bouncing off of the rev limiter. So today was just a nice and easy cruise in 78 degree weather while enjoying the new sounds of the exhaust. Once the prop arrives, I will post my GPS results before and after and provide feedback to the feel of the accelleration changes made to the ski.

Thanks goes to all on this site who have helped me with making my own stage 2.5 and providing positive/useful information and feedback for a rookie like me. I have learned alot! This site freakin ROCKS!
    Last edited by Pinoy; 02-28-2008 at 01:14 AM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinoy View Post
    1)RXT is an 07

2)Stock water box

3)What I noticed was that when in the water, it is actually pretty quiet while idling, noticeably louder but not intrusive or annoying. Slightly louder than stock, but most would probably not even know that the baffles were taken out or that the exhaust was changed. However when blipping the throttle or depressing the accelerator even a tiny bit, any hopes of having a "sleeper" goes out the window, you get a nice DEEP rumble that sounds freakin awesome. I did not experience any bad resonance to speak of. Just a nice rumble. Very nice. I am extremely happy with it.

4)I have only heard the Riva through hull via sound clips provided via this site. I haven't heard it in person. So I probably couldn't provide accurate feedback. When I first started it after the changes were made it was on the trailer, with the seats off. I got a nice deep rumble while idling and when blipping the throttle it was a nice deep sound that was actually intimidating. It was loud enough for my neighbor to come out and ask what the heck did I do to it because it sounds bad ass! I would dare to say that the sound is similar to the through hull but no way to know for sure unless I had them side by side. With the seats on, the exhaust is much quiter but still AWESOME.

It would have been nice to do the upgrades in stages, exhaust, intercooler, charger to see what the improvements were. Doing them all at once you just get an instant "BANG!!!!! Followed by H-O-L-Y C-R-A-P this thing is ridiculous. LOL Being that my 14/19R has not arrived yet, I was WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYY under propped, as any attempts for full throttle yielded INSTANT bouncing off of the rev limiter. So today was just a nice and easy cruise in 78 degree weather while enjoying the new sounds of the exhaust. Once the prop arrives, I will post my GPS results before and after and provide feedback to the feel of the accelleration changes made to the ski.

Thanks goes to all on this site who have helped me with making my own stage 2.5 and providing positive/useful information and feedback for a rookie like me. I have learned alot! This site freakin ROCKS!
    Thank you very much for answering my questions. I am thinking of keeping my T-X stock looking and gut my water box and use this pipe in place of the resonator.

Nice setup Pinoy!!
    exact same setup im planning on having further on in the year on my rxp, but i might get the 15/20 impeller (im unsure about the exhaust- free flow of thru hull or none). Do you ride in salt water??
    let us know what happens once you get your prop.. im very interested
    Did you install these parts yourself or did you get the dealer/someone eles to do it? im thinking of installing some of the easier ones and leaving the s3 to the smart people

Quote Originally Posted by SHIFT View Post
    Nice setup Pinoy!!
    exact same setup im planning on having further on in the year on my rxp, but i might get the 15/20 impeller (im unsure about the exhaust- free flow of thru hull or none). Do you ride in salt water??
    let us know what happens once you get your prop.. im very interested
    Did you install these parts yourself or did you get the dealer/someone eles to do it? im thinking of installing some of the easier ones and leaving the s3 to the smart people
    Thanks SHIFT! I'm lucky enough to have 3 lakes close to me with one literally in my backyard. So I don't get to the ocean as often as I would like. I have ridden in the salt one time to date. Myself and a couple of buddies did a day trip to Catalina Island from San Pedro and back (turned out to be about a 60 mile trip with all of the riding we were doing) But that was when the ski was stock. I love riding in the ocean!!! Just a little paranoid with the cleaning afterwards. But following the advice I got from this site shes still as good as new.

Good idea to leave the S3 mod to the pros! They have the necessary tools/know how to make sure you're good to go. Aside from the S3 upgrade, I believe anybody can put in the rest of the other parts I have in the ski. This site has documented HOW-TO'S that are very well detailed and some even have pictures. Plus you can PM or just ask a question and EVERYONE is EXTREMELY helpful.

As soon as I get the prop, I will definitely test and post results. Right now I can only really attest to the mid range acceleration as gunning it from a stop is nothing more than a quick trip to the rev limiter. Cruising from 40 to 65+ is instant. LIKE RIGHT NOW INSTANT

Be on the lookout for that resonance between 2500-4500rpms and report back if truly none exists, because that was the biggest complaint with the previous Riva FF pipe. It was said that the sound was the result of where the exhaust exited at the pump, rather than a bad design of the pipe, so if they've been able to overcome that resonance with the new pipe, that would really be something.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by VX1 View Post
    Be on the lookout for that resonance between 2500-4500rpms and report back if truly none exists, because that was the biggest complaint with the previous Riva FF pipe. It was said that the sound was the result of where the exhaust exited at the pump, rather than a bad design of the pipe, so if they've been able to overcome that resonance with the new pipe, that would really be something.
    yes, i agree, i would like to keep my T-X stock looking when begin the mods and would love to just gut the box and use this bypass pipe to stock exit.
    The resonance on my gtx was horrible with freeflow and stock exit. It seems like to me that this would still be aproblem but hopefully others will chime in once installed.

So is there a free flow exhaust with a stock exit that doesnt have bad resonance or are they all the same?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information