Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: 07 gtx limited

  1. #1
    chris-audio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    GREECE
    Posts
    31

    07 gtx limited

    Hello everybody,

    2 questions,

    is it difficult to remove the <bridge> betwenn two seats in order to take a better look of the engine? And also is it hard to empty completely the coolant and put new?

    thank you.


  2. #2
    West Texas RXP skoepp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    west texas
    Posts
    12,019
    +1
    149
    Quote Originally Posted by chris-audio View Post
    Hello everybody,

    2 questions,

    is it difficult to remove the <bridge> betwenn two seats in order to take a better look of the engine? And also is it hard to empty completely the coolant and put new?

    thank you.
    welcome if I have not already
    As far as the seat post bridge, it is very easy to take off. I believe it is a 10mm and you unscrew 4 bolts. I have not had to remove my coolant so cannot say. I would think you have to pump your old out with siphon and then put in new.

  3. #3
    chris-audio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    GREECE
    Posts
    31
    Thank you Skoepp.

    About the coollant i think i have to remove something, maybe the inlet/outlet of intercooler in order to empty the liquide completely.

  4. #4
    The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Odessa, TX
    Posts
    5,364
    Quote Originally Posted by chris-audio View Post
    Thank you Skoepp.

    About the coollant i think i have to remove something, maybe the inlet/outlet of intercooler in order to empty the liquide completely.
    Actually there is a 5mm plug on the back of the rideplate, this will allow you to drain the coolant

  5. #5
    chris-audio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    GREECE
    Posts
    31
    Thanks Darthawm,

    So, if i empty the coolant from the ride plate side then i don't have to unplug nothing from intercooler side. Right?

  6. #6
    King_Of_Fun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Catawba Island, Ohio
    Posts
    2,703
    Quote Originally Posted by chris-audio View Post
    So, if i empty the coolant from the ride plate side then i don't have to unplug nothing from intercooler side. Right?
    That is correct - you do not have to disconnect the intercooler as the only water in it is lakewater that comes directly from the pump. That's why you need to drain the intercooler and fill with antifreeze for storage - so the lakewater in it doesn't freeze.

    You might also want to remove the top of the coolant tank to speed up the draining from the rideplate. When refilling, some use distilled water instead of tap water, in a mixture of antifreeze that's recommended for aluminum engines... Ron

  7. #7
    chris-audio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    GREECE
    Posts
    31
    Thank you fro the reply King of Fun,

    Actually i run only in salt water and after your answer i would like to ask if it is nessecary to pull out the intercooler for better cleaning or not? 46 hours now on ski.

  8. #8
    West Texas RXP skoepp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    west texas
    Posts
    12,019
    +1
    149
    Quote Originally Posted by chris-audio View Post
    Thank you fro the reply King of Fun,

    Actually i run only in salt water and after your answer i would like to ask if it is nessecary to pull out the intercooler for better cleaning or not? 46 hours now on ski.
    Just a bit of info. When I pulled my stock ic at 50 or so hours i was amazed at how clean it was. nothing in it. but i also do not ride in salt and pretty careful about what i go thru or depth.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. FS impellers - injectors and other parts from a 07 gtx limited
    By homebrew in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-20-2010, 03:13 PM
  2. FS 07 GTX limited parts /SC/greenwheel
    By homebrew in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-05-2010, 05:00 PM
  3. 07 GTX Limited Air Intake
    By DarthAWM in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 03-04-2008, 06:36 PM
  4. Exhaust for 07' GTX Limited ?
    By bymorris in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-21-2008, 01:01 PM
  5. Best Price on runout 07 GTX limited ($11,960 ???)
    By Gunna in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-01-2008, 08:04 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •