+1

fx cruiser best price?

so my old man stop by the other day and was talkin to me and i showed him some pics of the gpr and now he thinks he may want to get a jetski. now me and my father rarely see each other non the less do any thing together. he asked me a bunch of questions i didnt really know how to answer.

so i recommended a fx cruiser and he is concerned because he is large (belt wise) that it may be a problem for him. also he is older and stablitly is a big concern because he is large and when i had the raider he rode it once or twice it really wasn't stable and he struggled with it.

the next thing was he doesnt care about it being new or used but would prefer the best bang for his buck. are the prices online what people are getting them for or are they selling for less? is there a big savings when getting a used one over new or is he better off just getting a new one?

the other thing he wants to know is will it keep up with my gpr (56mph) im figuring if its runs at 52-54 it will be fine which is where i told him i think it is about.

I would say the best price and stability would be for a FXHO. He would be getting the best speed, best price and a fast ski. If price is problem the best bang for the buck is the VX model but you loose some speed and only can go 52-50mph. Still a great ski and you save $3000. If he is a big guy he may want to stay away from the cruiser models because of the seat.

+1
    im 220lbs 6'1 and had an fx cruiser h.o . with 4 year extended policy i spent 12,100 OTD (no trailer) i feel that was pretty good (last year i bought this) just sold it with 30 hours on it for $9,000 (with trailer) the seat never bothered me . . personally the non cruiser seats don't have as much cushion. . and i wasn't happy bouncing up and down on that seat !!!
    everything is personal choice . . the back rest is easily able to be sat on. . and i did that a few times as i went out by my self to have some fun. .it honestly was just extra cushion !!

I was just at my dealer trying to get an update on the Sho's, but anyway they had two leftover 07 HO cruisers there. I asked just for hell of it to see what they were willing to deal. Well right off the bat they came down $ 1500 off the msrp. That work's out to be $9600-9700, dealer prep included in price. That got my attention, I'm sure if I really put some effort into it, I could find a better price. I'm starting to rethink my approach to the Sho. If the price of gas is going to continue to go up, I might settle for less expensive FXHO and save some dough too.

I'm really intrested how low these machines will go, the economy is slowing down and these dealers may bite.
    Now's the time of year to shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewster View Post
    I was just at my dealer trying to get an update on the Sho's, but anyway they had two leftover 07 HO cruisers there. I asked just for hell of it to see what they were willing to deal. Well right off the bat they came down $ 1500 off the msrp. That work's out to be $9600-9700, dealer prep included in price. That got my attention, I'm sure if I really put some effort into it, I could find a better price. I'm starting to rethink my approach to the Sho. If the price of gas is going to continue to go up, I might settle for less expensive FXHO and save some dough too.

I'm really intrested how low these machines will go, the economy is slowing down and these dealers may bite.
    Now's the time of year to shop.
    My dealer said 9500 for the 2008 FXHO so I would imagine you got a pretty good price. I wish I would of bought this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Banks93 View Post
    My dealer said 9500 for the 2008 FXHO so I would imagine you got a pretty good price. I wish I would of bought this year.
    Wait... an 08' FXHO cruiser for $9500? Maybe I should be looking for an 08. I would definately be happy with the nano hull for that kind of money.

+1
    i just looked at the yamaha web page and that makes no sense the fx and fx ho are the same price.

my dad is not at all concerned with speed he is afraid ill run off on him so he just wants to be able to keep up with the gpr. he doesnt like the vx but is going to look at one in person just to make sure.

Quote Originally Posted by stingray152003 View Post
    i just looked at the yamaha web page and that makes no sense the fx and fx ho are the same price.

my dad is not at all concerned with speed he is afraid ill run off on him so he just wants to be able to keep up with the gpr. he doesnt like the vx but is going to look at one in person just to make sure.
    The VX in person is nice...really depends which model color though. Really for the money, the VX is a great deal. Opions differ, but the performance for a simple craft is fun. The hull is smallish for a 3 seater but is fun to throw around when riding solo. Speed,.... well 54mph might dissapoint your dad....good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Brewster View Post
    Wait... an 08' FXHO cruiser for $9500? Maybe I should be looking for an 08. I would definately be happy with the nano hull for that kind of money.
    He said it would be $500 over cost.

A GP800r runs 55-56...which is a good number and my 05 VX110 sport stock ran 54 mph all day. And If your riding in the rough, the 3 seater vx110 will be faster than the gp800. But when its calm, the GP800r has better holeshot and will be battling on top speed.

Thread Information