Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Which intake is better??

im debating on either getting the Riva power filter kit or the R&D Air filter kit. there isnt much of a description on the R&D and its cheeper. The Riva is a bit more expensive but is it worth it? also not sure if it matters, but i do a ton of jumping and sinking the back down in the water and whiping it around and having fun... dose that play a factor at all?? which is better?

V-Tec, 4-Tech that's how I roll meirvin's Avatar
    +1
    I think most here perfer the riva as it might get a little better air than the R&D, but even better is the 4 inch DIY version . do a search on 4 inch air intake

+1...build your own 4" and save some bucks.

me

I did A LOT of reading about this and let me share with you my findings...

R&D-worse performance than STOCK setup. Do NOT waste your money on this product...

Riva 3" powerfilter-Great intake...but expensive...

Custom 4" front intake...BEST flow results and the cheapest setup. Lafjax did a thread search for "metal intake" or something like that. I did his setup for pretty cheap..

Just do not buy the R&D please

Quote Originally Posted by rxpwhistler1 View Post
    Custom 4" front intake...BEST flow results and the cheapest setup. Lafjax did a thread search for "metal intake" or something like that. I did his setup for pretty cheap..
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...=aluminum+pipe

lafjax

Thanks! that's exactly what I built and it was cheap and easy!

Quote Originally Posted by rxpwhistler1 View Post
    Thanks! that's exactly what I built and it was cheap and easy!
    I keep getting questions about it fitting in and RXP, sounds like you did not have any trouble with this?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by pbrxp View Post
    im debating on either getting the Riva power filter kit or the R&D Air filter kit. there isnt much of a description on the R&D and its cheeper. The Riva is a bit more expensive but is it worth it? also not sure if it matters, but i do a ton of jumping and sinking the back down in the water and whiping it around and having fun... dose that play a factor at all?? which is better?
    I have run riva power filter on both my GTX and rxp. I have also ran a 3 inch rear air on GTX with rear bucket and seat off.
    The Riva are ok for what a 3 inch is worth. They are expensive for what you get.
    I had no gains what so ever with my 3 inch rear on GTX so I doubt the R&d would not be any advantage. Plus with it being rear and with seat on I would think that would not be good.
    I have decided that if I strip stock air out of the T-X it will have to have custom 4 inch front. lafjax setup would have to end up in my ski.

+1
    I really like the Riva 3" setup I have on my SC ski. As an engineer, things I work on have to have 99.9% reliability. The 3" Riva is designed very robust and I'm confident it will not decrease the reliability of the ski. It's a stoute pieces, supported on both ends (bolted on the front end), and puts the filter in a location not susceptible to water ingestion. A few folks have gone over 80 mph with them, too.

Mike

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by engineermike View Post
    I really like the Riva 3" setup I have on my SC ski. As an engineer, things I work on have to have 99.9% reliability. The 3" Riva is designed very robust and I'm confident it will not decrease the reliability of the ski. It's a stoute pieces, supported on both ends (bolted on the front end), and puts the filter in a location not susceptible to water ingestion. A few folks have gone over 80 mph with them, too.

Mike
    engineer mike, i will give you credit. you appear to have one of the fastest skis running a 3 inch setup compareing same mods, based on the 4 tech speeds thread.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information