Will work on YOUR ski for FREE! GeoRXT's Avatar
    +1

Charging system....?

Fisrt question....Does our skies have a charging system? I think it does but there was a guy the other day at the beach that said that our 4tec's dont have one.... If it does how good is it and how much amps can you get out of it?

Second question...Is there a charging system made specifically for boats with no engine? I just installed 4 kicker KM60 on my Shuttlecraft boat. They sound good but they sound unbelievable with an amplifier. The problem is that this boat does not have an engine as some of you might know so there is no charging system on it. Is there a system that I can buy that can run 1-2 amps for this speakers and maybe a 10" marine sub?

I thought of maybe getting 3 heavy duty batteries and maybe a capacitor but I think it will not last long with 1-2 amps punding all day at the beach.

By the way these Kicker KM60 are on sale right now at crutchfield for $60 and they sell on ebay for about $150. So if you are looking for marine speakers for you boat these are amazing. I put an amp to them today and it blew me off. But it drained the battery in about 15 mins

Well,I know the 4-Tec platforms use a magneto charging system,if that is of any help to you.I would call the manufacturer of shuttlecraft about the boats electrical requirements,here is the number,1-866-722-6246.By the way,the guy at the beach is a complete moron,slap him on the forehead next time you run into him,lol.

+1
    See Rex marine as they may have a pulley to put on the shaft and turn an alternator.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by HOSS
    See Rex marine as they may have a pulley to put on the shaft and turn an alternator.
    I need more info on this if you can give it. How do I contact this Rex marine?

+1
    There is no pulley design specific for this application. You would have to get one made. Then brackets for mounting the alternator. It may be complicated but could be done. Go to www.hotboat.com and post up in the gearhead section. There are more machinists hanging out in there than anywhere else on the web. That would be the best place to start. If there is someone out there making what I`ve described, someone on that site knows them or is the one making it. The owner of Rex Marine is a moderator on that site as well. Good Luck

+1
    Thanks for the info. But it seems it will be more complicated than I thought. And that converts to a lot of $$$$

+1
    Never know till you research it.

Thread Information