+1

hypothetical: triple pipe on a 66e

not that im plaining on doing this but hypothetically speaking would this be possible. so not that im very familiar with the set up of a 1200 compared to the alignment of 800. would it be possible to use 2 of the pipes off a triple pipe set up on a 66e ?

+1

Lightbulb ?

Quote Originally Posted by stingray152003 View Post
    not that im plaining on doing this but hypothetically speaking would this be possible. so not that im very familiar with the set up of a 1200 compared to the alignment of 800. would it be possible to use 2 of the pipes off a triple pipe set up on a 66e ?
    Hey Stingray..

Hypothetically Answering.. why not...???

I would imagine you could use any two of the three pipes you preferred..

Probably the Mag and Center pipes being the best choice, since the Pto pipe is known to be the weak link on the GPR's..!!!
    (just ask Woody..???!!)

That would only be the start of the issue through...

Also highly recommended would be a trued/welded crank.. the next issue would be a suitable CDi..
    Though i'm certain they're available for the 66e motor..

Of course the collector for the stinger pipe's would need modified to block off one of the pipe inlets..??

Here's the thing... i'd bet that there's several sets of pipe's lying around minus the PTO pipe..
    Waiting on Factory to warranty them..???

Interesting question..

Gerry

+1
    yah the cdi would be a problem but all that really does is the timing right? so couldn't you manipulate the timing by an off set key way?

also i thought i would need the back two pipes (pto and middle pipe) because they would other wise line up perfectly if the 1200 and 800 cylinders were in the same spot. although it may be possible to use the other 2 pipes instead of the pto pipe.

i think it would be a very interesting project to try

+1

Lightbulb ?

Quote Originally Posted by stingray152003 View Post
    yah the cdi would be a problem but all that really does is the timing right? so couldn't you manipulate the timing by an off set key way?

also i thought i would need the back two pipes (pto and middle pipe) because they would other wise line up perfectly if the 1200 and 800 cylinders were in the same spot. although it may be possible to use the other 2 pipes instead of the pto pipe.

i think it would be a very interesting project to try
    Well there's quite a bit more to the CDi than "just" the timing..!!!

The thing with pipe's is they are designed to make their power around the 7800-8000 rpm range..
    Thats another reason for the welded crank, as well as the added power from the pipes

Also the CDi helps by allowing the rev limiter to be set higher, that and suitable timing curves for the increased RPM's

As for what two pipe's would be best to use..???

Well i'm not entirely familiar with the motor position on an 800..???

But with some simple modification of the stinger pipes layout.. i'm still confident any two of the three could be used..???

Interesting notion non the less..

Gerry

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by quadzilla View Post
    Well there's quite a bit more to the CDi than "just" the timing..!!!

The thing with pipe's is they are designed to make their power around the 7800-8000 rpm range..
    Thats another reason for the welded crank, as well as the added power from the pipes

Also the CDi helps by allowing the rev limiter to be set higher, that and suitable timing curves for the increased RPM's

As for what two pipe's would be best to use..???

Well i'm not entirely familiar with the motor position on an 800..???

But with some simple modification of the stinger pipes layout.. i'm still confident any two of the three could be used..???

Interesting notion non the less..

Gerry
    i agree with you with the true and welded crank but thats an easy thing to be over come because i could just sent that out and have it done.

finding a cdi might be another problem though

i could be wrong but i figured with tuned pipe set up all pipes would be pretty close to the same.

i think this set up and a two big block cylinders would make a nice little set up.

cheatin' piston popper addicted's Avatar
    +1
    Hypothetically, yes, they are caled twin pipes The resident master here is cfgp927 I'm sure he can answer all your questions.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by addicted View Post
    Hypothetically, yes, they are caled twin pipes The resident master here is cfgp927 I'm sure he can answer all your questions.
    his are both gps right im looking to do it to a gpr. i think the pipe set up will be a little diffrent

www.2-Stroke-Porting.com

Advent Ignition

Greg at Advent told me the T4 is available for the twin cylinder engines - Sea Doo for sure. You might give him a call (714) 630-0446

Lowell

+1
    im really curious to see how it would work out i may have to look for a a gp800r hull or one with a blown engine in a few months.

Thread Information