Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

07 Rxp Going Turbo

tired of slow dancing & halfstepping! RXP6 will be setting up my ski. this project will commence after kissimee trip march 8...Ill keep you all posted...Any one with good advice please i want all the advice i can get...Thanks

+1
    best advise i can give is get a GOOD/Motec or IGNI EMS system if u plan to run 18+ PSI of boost and ride year around......costs $$ up front but will save u lots of headaches with tuning in the long run....trust me!

+1
    UNLESS you have and can use tools... don't doo it. Turbo's take alot of time to tune and maintain. It's not plug and play,let your friends ride it and drink a lotta beer and go for a spin. It is work. Ask most racers, the fun factor goes to hell in a hand bag. QUICK!

So...Whats the answer....i want 80mph ...dont want to touch any tools!!!Plug & Play all the way!!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by palmbeach jesse View Post
    So...Whats the answer....i want 80mph ...dont want to touch any tools!!!Plug & Play all the way!!!
    C-kit and stage 3+ equipment will go 80+......... especially if u add a plate mod and a pump exstension and u will be less expensive all the way around! in fact i would say 83-85+ if its done right!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by palmbeach jesse View Post
    C-kit W/ Big IC.... Riva ecu...50's Tune it and you shouldn't have to carry too many tools and a mechanic with you.

This is suppose to be fun... if it's broke all the time or needs to be messed with...it's not fun.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jawz View Post
    C-kit W/ Big IC.... Riva ecu...50's Tune it and you shouldn't have to carry too many tools and a mechanic with you.

This is suppose to be fun... if it's broke all the time or needs to be messed with...it's not fun.
    PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!

+1
    You can get to 80+ with the Rude charger and Stg. 3 and you would save $1,000 over the C kit. Several people running this setup, works well once tuned.

Edit- looks like C kit price dropped again, still a $700.00 price difference.

Quote Originally Posted by REID2168 View Post
    C-kit and stage 3+ equipment will go 80+......... especially if u add a plate mod and a pump exstension and u will be less expensive all the way around! in fact i would say 83-85+ if its done right!
    Last edited by DaveC; 02-28-2008 at 10:16 AM. Reason: $$

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jawz View Post
    UNLESS you have and can use tools... don't doo it. Turbo's take alot of time to tune and maintain. It's not plug and play,let your friends ride it and drink a lotta beer and go for a spin. It is work. Ask most racers, the fun factor goes to hell in a hand bag. QUICK!
    Jawz beat me to it ... Jesse if you are not a wrencher, go with a proven setup ... the Riva Stage 3 if fine tuned by someone will usually get you very close to 80. If you want to go faster, add a Rude supercharger, setback pump, rideplate mods and you will likely be 85+++. But anytime you go beyond the Riva S3 supercharger you may need to go to 55 lb injectors or the RRFPR. With all the stuff out (and coming out) you don't need to go turbo to go 85 mph. 80 mph is relatively easy, but not cheap, especially if you pay someone to do all the install and fine tuning. More than 80 mph ... choose your options carefully ... the more you mod the motor, the less reliable it will be. If you have a lot of money, don't mind downtime, and mechanics very close by, then go for it ... but it you want a ski that runs most of the summer, shoot for 80 mph with a proven setup, and call it good ... the really fast skis are 99.9% owned by guys who are very handy and very unafraid of wrenching or breakdowns. There are a lot of things I DON'T do because my summer is short, and reliability is much more important to me than another mph or two.

Take a look at the speed/setup sticky for more ideas too.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    Jawz beat me to it ... Jesse if you are not a wrencher, go with a proven setup ... the Riva Stage 3 if fine tuned by someone will usually get you very close to 80. If you want to go faster, add a Rude supercharger, setback pump, rideplate mods and you will likely be 85+++. But anytime you go beyond the Riva S3 supercharger you may need to go to 55 lb injectors or the RRFPR. With all the stuff out (and coming out) you don't need to go turbo to go 85 mph. 80 mph is relatively easy, but not cheap, especially if you pay someone to do all the install and fine tuning. More than 80 mph ... choose your options carefully ... the more you mod the motor, the less reliable it will be. If you have a lot of money, don't mind downtime, and mechanics very close by, then go for it ... but it you want a ski that runs most of the summer, shoot for 80 mph with a proven setup, and call it good ... the really fast skis are 99.9% owned by guys who are very handy and very unafraid of wrenching or breakdowns. There are a lot of things I DON'T do because my summer is short, and reliability is much more important to me than another mph or two.

Take a look at the speed/setup sticky for more ideas too.
    Sorry Vern, Wasn't trying to beat you ..or anyone. I saw this last night and feel strongly that sometimes we lose sight of the fun factor/reliability economy etc. The price and availability of fuel is gonna ba a major concern for too many this summer. Personally, I've toned down the aftermarket stuff and depend on the known,proven and reliable mods.

Not, fast and furious. The fast and effiecient!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information