Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

XS IC ? for you guys

I remembering reading this somewhere but wanted to double check....

for flow purposes I think I read to run the water line from the pump area to the front of the IC and the one off the manifold to the back..

If not for flow, is it ok to run it like this? I mean technically it should make no diff but just wanted to check w/ the pro's

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rxpwhistler1 View Post
    I remembering reading this somewhere but wanted to double check....

for flow purposes I think I read to run the water line from the pump area to the front of the IC and the one off the manifold to the back..

If not for flow, is it ok to run it like this? I mean technically it should make no diff but just wanted to check w/ the pro's
    that is what i was told and i ran both of my skis that way and worked fine.

Run the water in hose thru the front of the IC and the water out hose out of the back of the IC to the exhaust manifold.

+1
    I was intending to do the opposite ... run the hose from the pump into the rear of the IC, and out the front to the exhaust manifold, as well as relocate the outlet hole and bung to the upper right corner to eliminate potential air trapping. I think it does not matter if you route front to rear or vice versa on the IC itself ....

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    I was intending to do the opposite ... run the hose from the pump into the rear of the IC, and out the front to the exhaust manifold, as well as relocate the outlet hole and bung to the upper right corner to eliminate potential air trapping. I think it does not matter if you route front to rear or vice versa on the IC itself ....
    Vern, I also was going to do mine like you just indicated, as if you look at instructions on siliconeintakes that is the way they have it. But, I was instructed by a few here to do the opposite, so i went in thru the front and out the back. I also suppose it may not differ.

+1
    You are right, it does show that water routing, but from looking at the core I don't think it matters ... the only reason I wanted to route it differently was to keep air out of the system as much as possible, but I think many people have plumbed and routed these things many different ways with no problems.

Banned User
    +1
    The XS is the only pass-thru IC out there, where-as the others (Riva, Pir, RR) all enter/exit the same end...I can say from flow work that because the XS encaps are larger than others, the air charge would flow more towards the back of the CORE...which would make sense to place the water inlet line at the rear...

The only way to test that is measure the water temp on either end for both routing directions...

Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    I did like you Vern, in the back and out the front. I figured the air would pick more cool as it flowed between the halves at the back and it was convenient.

+1
    Larry and Danny, I was thinking the same ... not sure if it would result in a measurable difference, but ... Hey I bought one of those 'point and measure' temperature tools (cheap, on sale for $39 at Harbor Freight ), but I have been trying it out, and it works quite well! Measures like 0 - 960 F ... so it should work reasonably well to measure in/out temps on the IC by pointing the laser at the IN tube vs the OUT tube and measuring the temp difference at least. Would be interesting to compare these measurements to others after running WOT for a few minutes ... will try it this spring.

Someone had mentioned that forward motion dictates you should have it enter the front and exit the back to aid in flow and keep air out. It seemed to make sense to me...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information